The Witcher Enchanced Edition Screenshots
LYON, FRANCE – 19 August 2008 – Atari today announced the forthcoming launch of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, the PC role-playing opus from Polish development studio CD Projekt RED, which continues to garner high praise and new fans the world over thanks to its unique blend of mature fantasy universe, tough decision making and intense tactical combat. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is an improved, enhanced and expanded version of the game considered by many players and media as the best PC RPG of 2007, and is scheduled for release across Europe in September 2008.
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be presented in a high-quality package, bound in a luxury embossed box set featuring a wealth of high-value extra content including additional adventures, music from and inspired by the game, re-mastered making of feature, a short story by the creator of The Witcher Andrej Sapkowski and much more. Numerous enhancements have been made to the widely acclaimed original game to deliver an experience second to none in the PC RPG genre.
“We always have the fans’ best interests at heart so we have listened closely to their comments. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition has given us the opportunity to put their feedback into action as well as offering something totally new with exclusive content,” said Adam Kicinski, CEO of CD Projekt RED. “We believe that The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is a product of exceptional quality – packed with gameplay improvements and additional physical value – that should come close to being the ideal game for fans of PC role-playing.“
Technical enhancements include faster loading times alongside improved combat responsiveness and precision. Following feedback from fans, the English script has been re-worked, while extensive amounts of the voice-over has been re-recorded for the English and German versions, all to deliver an even more immersive and involving story experience. All of the enhancements will be available as a free download to existing game owners via the game’s official website, www.thewitcher.com.
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be available in a highly desirable, content-packed box set, the full contents of which include:
• Multilanguage The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, a reworking of the best PC RPG game of 2007;
• DVD bonus disc including the D’jinni Adventure Editor and two brand new adventures created by CD Projekt Red:
- the D’jinni Adventure Editor: allows players to create or modify their own adventures in the world of The Witcher;
- "The Price of Neutrality": the adventure tells the story of Geralt coming back to Kaer Morhen and finding a mysterious camp near the stronghold (featuring 3 new quests);
- “Side Effects”: the first ever release of this new adventure which focuses on Geralt's close friend, Dandelion, and his troubles in Vizima City (featuring 5 new quests);
• Remastered “Making Of” documentary with never-before-seen bonus material;
• Soundtrack CD of original music written specifically for The Witcher;
• CD of original music inspired by The Witcher;
• Instruction manual and game guide;
• Short story by Andrej Sapkowski featuring new art from the Monsterbook;
• A map for exploration throughout The Witcher ’s world.
Based on the universe created by best-selling Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher puts players in the role of Geralt, a professional monster slayer who exists on the fringes of a complex society in a fantasy universe. Taken as a child, mutated, and trained in the arcane ways of the witchers, Geralt is a reluctant hero, who nonetheless finds himself all too frequently in the heat of battles that are not his own. In this world there is no right or wrong, only decisions and consequences. The Witcher has already garnered worldwide success, having sold over 700,000 copies, and has received more than 90 awards and distinctions, including the prestigious "Best PC RPG of 2007" from IGN.com, Gamespy.com, PC Gamer and more (for the full list of awards, please visit http://www.thewitcher.com/community/pl/awards/).
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be available across Europe in September 2008. For more information about The Witcher visit www.thewitcher.com and for more details about Atari’s entire product line up visit www.atari.com.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about The Witcher Enchanced Edition
More On GameRevolution