Publisher: NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
Developer: Monolithsoft Inc.
Release Date: Fall 2006
Platform: PlayStation® 2
Genre: Turn-Based RPG
ESRB Rating: RP (T expected)
Xenosaga® EPISODE I: “The Will to Power” and
Xenosaga® EPISODE II: “Beyond Good and Evil”:
4000 years after the discovery of a mysterious relic called the Zohar, humans are
threatened by an unknown species called the “Gnosis”. Shion, researcher for Vector
Industries in charge of the Anti-Gnosis Weapon known as KOS-MOS, becomes involved
in the interplanetary race for the Zohar, an ancient artifact capable of eradicating the
Gnosis and bring peace to the galaxy ... were it in the right hands.
Xenosaga® EPISODE III: “Thus Spoke Zarathustra”:
A year has passed since Xenosaga II. Shion has resigned her post at Vector Industries
after realizing that the company is deeply connected to the cause of the Gnosis
phenomenon. She has thus joined Scientia, an underground organization, in order to
unveil Vector’s true objectives. The development of KOS-MOS is to be cancelled, and a
mysterious android, T-elos appears to be taking KOS-MOS’ place. Shadows of suspicion
and conspiracy surround T-elos. Uncover the future of mankind in this much-anticipated
conclusion to the Xenosaga trilogy.
• Over 8 Hours of Movies Including Voiced Cut Scenes. Pre-rendered cut scenes and
real-time cut scenes with dramatically enhanced models, as well as in-game voiced cut
scenes with anime-style 2D portraits unveil an epic story.
• The Exciting Conclusion to an Epic Trilogy. Building on the deeply philosophical and
existential storyline of the first two titles, the concluding chapter in the series brings
closure to the remaining mysteries in the highly acclaimed story.
• Updated Battle System. Battles are intuitive and fun, combining the best aspects of the
first two games' battles, while introducing the new Break system.
• Customize Your Characters. A branching skill set promotes character specialization
and diversification. Strategic party management is more highly rewarded, adding another
level of depth to game strategy.
• Money/Shops Are Back! Buy, barter, and sell any items or equipment, allowing you to
upgrade your characters and E.S.s frequently.
• An In-Game Database is Your Veritable “Xeno Bible”. An easily accessible
database of every detail: important events, people, items, keywords, locations, weapons,
back-story, phenomenon, townspeople, associations and companies.
• Challenge Yourself and Friends with new Mini-games. With 60 pre-made levels to
complete, the Xenosaga puzzle mini-games add a new type of challenge for the player,
and rewards his performance. The mini-game map editor also lets players create, play
and share their own custom maps with friends.