Yakuza 2 Screenshots
Platform: PlayStation 2
Category: Action Adventure
Developer: SEGA Studios
Release: September 9, 2008
Yakuza 2™ plunges you once more into the violent Japanese underworld where respect and honor holds great importance. In intense brutal clashes with rival gangs, the police, and the Korean mafia, you will have opportunities to dole out more brutal punishment. Play as Kazuma Kiryu, the hero from the original Yakuza™ and explore Tokyo and now Osaka. Wander through the back alleys of Japan's underworld while trying to prevent an all-out gang war. Endless conflicts and surprise plot twists will immerse you in a dark shadowy world where only the strongest will survive.
Yakuza 2™is created by noted producer Toshihiro Nagoshi with novelist Seishu Hase, the same creative forces behind Yakuza™. Yakuza 2™ authentically re-creates the city streets and illicit haunts of Japan’s nightlife district, with memorable characters, cinematic style, free-roaming adventure, a gripping story, beautiful but deadly fighting, and deep gameplay.
• Authentic, cinematic sequel. The gritty, genuine portrayal of life in the Yakuza is made more realistic throughout 16 gripping chapters with a return to the original Japanese voice cast and English subtitles.
• Twice as much to explore. There is now more to see and do than ever before in the hugely expanded world of the Yakuza. Visit bowling alleys and driving ranges, as well as cabarets and bars, all licensed from actual Japanese establishments.
• A vibrant, true-to-life world. Like the real Yakuza, you must ingrain yourself in the authentic, neon-lit adult playgrounds of Tokyo and Osaka and become a regular at nightclubs, hostess clubs, restaurants and stores to gain access to secret services and uncover tips.
• Brutal hand-to-hand brawling. An improved fighting engine allows you to fight numerous enemies at once with less load times and smoother camera angles. Experience points earned from brawls will help build up strength, stamina and fighting techniques.
• The intensity of battle is raised. By stringing together a combination of fighting moves, you’ll take out multiple enemies simultaneously. Objects in the environment can be used as weapons and even more context-sensitive Heat moves, like throwing foes down the stairs or off a balcony, will give you the upper hand in battle.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Yakuza 2
More On GameRevolution