New Madden NFL 20 patch notes have arrived alongside the game’s January title update. More formally known as Madden 20 update version 1.22, the January 2020 title update offers a new tweak to the run commit mechanic, several gameplay updates, and a selection of various improvements. Keep reading to discover everything offered in the Madden 20 January title update patch notes.
Madden 20 1.22 Patch Notes | January Title Update
Alongside a host of stability and connectivity tweaks, the latest Madden 20 patch notes notably addresses a couple of specific issues. These include a problem that prevented Cloud leagues from being able to Advance Week as well as a fix to the Adjust Lineup tool malfunctioning.
Several gameplay improvements are also introduced, including one for a frustrating issue that saw commentators calling out for touchdowns when none were scored. The January update also includes a change to the list of allowed player names; the developers indicate that the updated list may rule out some players’ chosen names in the College Football Championship.
Here are the full Madden 20 patch notes for the January title update as provided by the team at Electronic Arts.
- Updated ‘Run Commit’ mechanic
- General stability & connectivity improvements
- NFL Player Likeness Updates:
- Free Agent RB Jay Ajayi
- Various commentary updates
- Addressed an issue that was preventing some Cloud leagues from being able to Advance Week near the end of the regular season
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Adjust Lineup’ tool preventing it from updating the team’s OVR and player-count correctly
- Fixed a typo in player name in an early retirement story News post
- DEV NOTE: We updated the list of disallowed player names for Face of the Franchise: QB1 mode. This means that you may not be able to make a player avatar with your preferred last name when playing through the College Football Championship games. Users can change their player’s name once they are drafted onto an NFL team, where there are no naming restrictions.
- Updated ‘Run Commit’ mechanic to be more effective at stopping running plays when used toward the correct side of the run on all game styles
- Fixed an issue causing the commentary to call out a Touchdown when a TD wasn’t scored, most frequently occurring during tackles right at the goal line
- Fixed an issue allowing the ‘Grab-N-Go’ ability to activate on running backs during RPO plays
- Fixed some issues sometimes causing players to freeze after TD celebrations
- Fixed an issue allowing an exploit work-around for the ‘Ice the Kicker’ by calling a fake FG play
- Playbook Updates:
- Fixed an issue with defensive alignment with Dime Sugar Weak vs. flipped offensive plays
- Fixed an issue causing zone swapping for 4-3 Even 6-1 and 46 Cub vs. Trips TE/Bunch TE
- Fixed an incorrect route on Gun Tight Doubles Zig Under
- Fixed an issue causing a frozen player on Close Z Clown/Close Z Corner
- DEV NOTE: We have more NFL Live AI play-calling and Playbook updates that will reflect the latest data from the end of the NFL season coming soon. Stay tuned!
Superstar KO Updates
- New X-Factors added to the Superstar KO Draft Pool
- Lamar Jackson
- Nick Bosa
- Jamal Adams
- Devin McCourty
- Chandler Jones
- Amari Cooper
- New Legends added to the Superstar KO Draft Pool
- Ed “Too Tall” Jones
- Brian Urlacher
- Andre Reed
- Randall Cunningham