I’ve never really gotten into an MMO. It’s not that I didn’t want to, plenty of them look exciting, but I just never took the time. It’s high time to change that, though, and so I’m going to start my journey into World of Warcraft.
I chose World of Warcraft because it’s one of the most populated, and it has a ton of content, so if I am enamored by it then I’ll have plenty to do. I played a very small amount of WoW years ago, but never really committed, so I’m going into this fresh. I’m going to start with no addons and no prior knowledge of optimum strategies or the best gear to use.
It’s my aim to capture the journey from a complete WoW noob to max level and see just how inviting the game is in its current state. As part of my adventure I’ll be updating this article as a diary detailing my thoughts, feelings, and progress through World of Warcraft.
Day 1 – 2/25/2019
- I created an Orc Warrior named Davidspade on Arthas.
- I started in the Valley of Trials in Durotar. My trials consisted mostly of killing scorpions and smacking peons with a blackjack.
- Made it through Sen’jin Village where some trolls made me kill even more scorpions. Also killed some soldiers and burned their things.
- Stopped in Razor Hill at level 7.
Day 2 – 2/26/2019
- Started at Razor Hill.
- Helped an Orc (I think his name was Stronk) figure out how to look through a telescope.
- Stabbed Quillboars for an Orc I met on a collapsed house.
- More scorpions.
- Fetched some teeth because a woman wanted to make a necklace for her dead son. IDK.
- Became a Fury Warrior and immediately started missing half my attacks.
- Ended up back in Razor Hill as a level 11 Orc Fury Warrior.
- Next stop: Orgrimmar (After completing several quests along the way).
Day 3 – 2/27/2019
- Started at Razor Hill (again)
- Quested up towards Orgrimmar.
- Met a guy outside of Orgrimmar who told me to kill a ton of Quillboars.
- Headed west towards the Northern Barrens so I could officially join the horde.
- Reached an outpost and was once again told to kill a lot of Quillboars.
- Was told by a strange woman I had never met to capture and torture a Quillboar.
- Was generally made uncomfortable with what seems to be some genocidal campaign the Horde is undertaking against the Quillboards.
- Ended the day at Level 14 at Grol’dom Farm in the Northern Barrens.
Day 4 – 2/28/2019
- Big day!
- Started at Level 14 at Grol’dom Farm
- Minor cleansing against the Quillboars
- Clearned my first three dungeons:
- Wailing Caverns
- Ragefire Chasm
- Got my first blue item (then a lot more)
- Ended the days as a Level 15 Orc Fury Warrior at The Crossroads, Northern Barrens
Day 5 – 3/1/2019
- Finally hit level 20!
- Got my first mount, a Black Wolf
- Headed north out of Orgrimmar
- Technical difficulties forced me to quit early 🙁