A brand new Pokemon Sword and Shield update is available to download and install right now on Nintendo Switch. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete Pokemon Sword and Shield 1.2.0 update patch notes. Alternatively, you can stick with us a little longer to read through a selection of the Pokemon Sword and Shield version 1.2.0 update highlights for a quick look at what’s been added and changed. Read on to discover everything there is to know about the new update, including the addition of the Isle of Armor DLC.
Pokemon Sword and Shield 1.2.0 Update Highlights
The 1.2.0 update has added in the game’s first expansion pass DLC: The Isle of Armor. Along with being able to play through the new DLC if you’ve bought it, plenty more has been added to the base game, including new Pokemon. A number of fixes have been made to the game, too, which should make for an overall better experience.
The Isle of Armor
If you have paid for the Pokemon Sword and Shield expansion pass, you can now play through The Isle of Armor. It’s available in the game as soon as you update to version 1.2.0. So head out there and start your Isle of Armor adventure.
New Pokemon will now appear in the base Pokemon Sword and Shield, even if you don’t own The Isle of Armor. You should be able to discover, battle, and catch new wild Pokemon with network connections switched on.
Other changes & fixes
On top of The Isle of Armor and new wild Pokemon appearing, other changes and fixes have been made to the game. Link codes, for example, are now 8-digits long. This is an increase from previously being four digits long. You can now use Pokemon from previous generations brought in from Pokemon Home (as long as they’re eligible) to use in ranked battles and online competitions. A Battle regulation mark can be used on these Pokemon at the Battle Tower so they can be used online. Find out more about other fixes in the full list of patch notes below.
Pokemon Sword and Shield 1.2.0 Update Patch Notes
Read through the complete list of Pokemon Sword and Shield 1.2.0 update patch notes below, courtesy of Nintendo:
- Part 1, The Isle of Armor, has been released as downloadable content
- Customers who have purchased an Expansion Pass can now enjoy adventures on the Isle of Armor.
- You can learn more about the Isle of Armor here: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-gb/expansionpass/the-isle-of-armor/
- Additional Pokémon now appear
- Even without purchasing an Expansion Pass, customers can use network connections to play and have additional Pokémon appear.
- Link Codes are now 8-digits long
- Link Codes used in the Y-Comm or set for Max Raid Battles are now 8 digits instead of 4.
- Battle regulation marks
- Pokémon carried over from other regions via Pokémon HOME can now participate in online competitions and ranked battles. A battle regulation mark can be replaced on the Pokémon at the Battle Tower in order to participate in online competitions and ranked battles.
- Please check game news for more information.
- Addressed issue with online battles
- We’ve fixed an issue with online battles where the battle results could be arbitrarily invalidated.
- Additional updated content
- Fixed various issues to improve gameplay.