There are at least 25 key items that players can learn to craft in Days Gone. As you explore the Oregon countryside, you’ll come across several situations where these items play an important role in your survival. If you’re going to stay alive and keep Deacon on the move, then our Days Gone crafting recipes locations list is going to be one of your most valuable resources. In the guide below we’ll detail how to find every crafting recipe in Days Gone.
All Days Gone Crafting Recipes Locations List
With over 20 items to learn how to craft, knowing how to get the recipes should be one of the first things on your list of things to do in Days Gone. While some of these crafting recipes will be locked behind story progression, others will require players to find and complete specific world events called Ambush Camps. We’ve broken down each item below, as well as detailed where you can find its related crafting recipe.
- Bandage Dress – Found automatically after playing through the prologue.
- Stamina Cocktail – Unlocked after you complete the Horse Creek Ambush Camp and find it in the bunker.
- Focus Cocktail – Obtained by checking the bunker underneath the Belknap Caves Ambush Camp.
- Health Cocktail – Unlocked as a reward when you complete the mission A War We Can Win.
- Molotov – Automatically unlocked while playing through the prologue.
- Smoke Bomb – Can be unlocked by finding and clearing the Bear Creek Hot Springs Ambush Camp.
- Proximity Bomb – This crafting recipe can be found in the bunker after you clear out the Berley Lake Ambush Camp.
- Pipe Bomb – Complete the mission They Will Never Stop and raid the Ripper’s camp to unlock this crafting recipe.
- Attractor Bomb – Complete the Wagon Road Ambush Camp and then search the bunker beneath the camp to find this crafting recipe.
- Spiked Stool Leg – Can be found under the bunker in the robbers’ camp while playing through the mission No Starving Patriots.
- Stool Leg Axe – Found after you complete the mission No Starving Patriots.
- Fence Post Axe – This crafting recipe can be found in the bunker underneath the Marauder’s camp in the mission No Starving Patriots.
- Spiked 2×4 – Found inside of the bunker underneath the robbers’ camp during the No Starving Patriots mission.
- Spiked Bat – Players can find this crafting recipe underneath the bunker in the robbers’ camp during No Starving Patriots.
- Bat Axe – Clear the Black Crater Ambush Camp and then search the bunker underneath the camp to find this crafting recipe.
- Superior Club – This crafting recipe can be found inside of the bunker that you can enter after clearing and completing the Jefferson Rail Tunnel Ambush Camp.
- Ripper Axe – To unlock this recipe, players will need to complete the raid on the Ripper’s camp and complete the mission They Will Never Stop.
- Ripper Club – This crafting recipe becomes available after you complete the raid on the Ripper’s camp and complete the mission They Will Never Stop.
- Ripper Blade – This recipe is unlocked by complete the Ripper’s camp raid in the mission They Will Never Stop.
- 2×4 Axe – Found randomly throughout the world. Has a high chance of appearing on the back of pickup trucks throughout the world in Days Gone.
- Crossbow Bolt – Unlocked automatically after you obtain the Crossbow from the hideout on top of O’Leary Mountain.
- Residue Bolt – Complete the mission They’re Not Sleeping to unlock this crafting recipe.
- Incendiary Bolt – To unlock this crafting recipe, players will need to complete the Deerborn Ambush Camp and then search the bunker beneath it.
- Attractor – Complete the mission Do You Have My Back? and this crafting recipe will be unlocked.
- Explosive Bolt – The final crafting recipe on our list, the Explosive Bolt recipe can be found in the bunker beneath the Aspen Butte Ambush Camp. You’ll need to clear the camp before you can scan it.
All Crafting Materials in Days Gone
Now that you know how to obtain all of the various crafting recipes in Days Gone, it’s time to talk about the materials they require. Below you’ll find each item as well as the items that it requires to craft it.
- Bandage Dress – 1x Cloth, 1x Sterilizer
- Stamina Cocktail – 1x Cloth, 1x Berry, 1x Sterilizer
- Focus Cocktail – 1x Cloth, 1x Mushroom, 1x Sterilizer
- Health Cocktail – 1x Rag, 1x Mayweed, 1x Sterilizer
- Molotov – 1x Can, 1x Rag, 1x Gun Powder, 1x Scrap
- Smoke Bomb – 1x Beer Bottle, 1x Rag, 1x Kerosene
- Proximity Bomb – 1x Can, 1x Spark Igniter, 1x Gun Powder, 1x Box of Nails, 1x Scrap
- Pipe Bomb – 1x Small Pipe, 1x Gunpowder, 1x Scrap
- Attractor Bomb – 1x Can, 1x Gunpowder, 1x Spark Igniter, 1x Alarm Clock or Car Alarm, 1x Scrap
- Spiked Stool Leg – 1x Stool Leg, 1x Box of Nails, 1x Scrap
- Stool Leg Axe – 1x Stool Leg, 1x Sawblade, 1x Scrap
- Fence Post Axe – 1x Fence Post, 1x Sawblade, 1x Scrap
- Spiked 2×4 – 1x 2×4, 1x Box of Nails, 1x Scraps
- Spiked Bat – 1x Wood Baseball Bat, 1x Box of Nails, 1x Scrap
- Bat Axe – 1x Wooden Baseball Bat, 1x Sawblade, 1x Scrap
- Superior Club – 1x Wood Baseball Bat, 1x Small Pipe, 1x Scrap
- Ripper Axe – 1x 2×4, 1x Box of Nails, 5x Scrap
- Ripper Club – 1x Wooden Baseball Bat, 1x Small Pipe, 5x Scrap
- Ripper Blade – 1x Sawblade, 1x Stool Leg, 5x Scrap
- 2×4 Axe – 1x 2×4, 1x Sawblade, 1x Scrap
- Crossbow Bolt – 1x Scrap, 1x Cedar Sapling
- Residue Bolt – 1x Scrap, 1x Nest Residue, 1x Cedar Sapling
- Incendiary Bolt – 1x Scrap, 1x Kerosene, 1x Rag, 1x Cedar Sapling
- Attractor – 1x Scrap, 1x Can, 1x Alarm Clock
- Explosive Bolt – 1x Scrap, 1x Spark Igniter, 1x Gun Powder, 1x Cedar Sapling
As you can see, each of the crafting recipes above includes many of the same items. Because of this, you’ll want to be sure to constantly stock up on more crafting resources as you can to ensure you don’t run out of the important items that you need. Learning how to use each of the items above to your advantage will be key to your survival, so make sure you aren’t taking any chances, and are making the most of every item at your disposal as you take on the Freakers in Days Gone.