It won’t be long before we’re downloading and installing the Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 update on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Up first we’ve got a list of the Shifting Tides update highlights, in which we’ve detailed the key new features, followed by the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 update patch notes.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 Update Highlights (Y4S4)
Two new Operators have been added into Rainbow Six Siege thanks to the Y4S4 Shifting Tides update. These are Kali and Wamai, an attacker and defender Operator, respectively. We’ve got in-depth guides on Kali and Wamai already, check them out to discover everything there is to know about them.
Theme Park Map Rework
Along with the two new Operators, perhaps the biggest change in this update is the rework of the Theme Park map. The map is finally back and it has changed. You’ll find new lines of sight outside that should prevent spawn peeking and Rail Overlook and Lift Car have been removed. Inside, the Gargoyle and Haunting Dining bomb sites have been replaced with the Throne Room and Armory, respectively.
Fixes and changes
Plenty of changes and fixes have been applied to the game, too. This includes a new limb penetration system, which is explained here. There are tonnes of small changes and fixes, including to Jackal, who can no longer see or scan footprints from below, for example. Read through the complete list of patch notes below to discover everything that has been added, fixed, and changed.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 Update Patch Notes (Y4S4)
Read through the complete list of the Rainbow Six Siege 1.76 update patch notes below, courtesy of Ubisoft. Please do note, however, that these patch notes are for the Rainbow Six Siege PC test server. We will update this guide with the :
- Kali (Attacker)
- Wamai (Defender)
Map Rework: Theme Park
- There are some major indoors changes to unpack, but let’s start with two things that will affect your outdoor gameplay. First, lines of sight have been constricted to prevent most spawn peeks. Second, Rail Overlook and Lift Car, as well as their ramps, have been removed. The reasoning behind this is quite simple: we’re getting rid of train.
- That’s right, the entire Rail Platform area is gone. Instead, the East and West sections of the building have been brought closer together, with Yellow Corridor (previously named Cafe Corridor) and Bunk connected to Office and Initiation Room through breakable walls.
- Inside the building, there are a few things to notice, which mostly involve the East section. The downstairs area has been remodeled with a thematic that represents the map’s origin, with the Gargoyle and Haunting Dining bomb sites replaced with the Throne Room and Armory pair. The new Gong Room in this area also becomes the main entrance, with Arcade Entrance being blocked off South-West. Dragon Stairs, previously named Haunted Stairs, now faces East instead of North.
- This season is the perfect moment to rework penetration, with Kali’s sniper rifle being one of the most intimidating weapons in-game. Weapon category has a part to play, but first let’s go into the three different types of penetration.
- The first, we’ll call “none”. Simply put, any shot with these weapons does not go through limbs, or torsos, or anything else. The weapons concerned here are most shotguns, and secondary SMGs.
- The second, or “simple”, is reserved for one target only. Bullets from these weapons will go through arms and legs to hit more valuable body parts. Face to face with an opponent and shoot through their arms? If you’re lined up with the head, it should be a headshot. The weapons include main SMGs, assault rifles, pistols and LMGs.
- The third, dubbed “full”, is the most you could hope for. Shots from these bad boys will go through an Operator and hit other Operators behind them for 30% reduced damage for each additional penetration. Pull out your BOSG.12.2, TSCG12 and sniper rifles, and see if you can take down more than one opponent at once!
- One detail to keep in mind with all this: now that most bullets go through arms and hands, the damage received if a shot hits only those areas (without penetration) is reduced to 75%, the same as leg shots. For Operators with 3 Armor, however, damage is reduced to 65%.
- From the very beginning, rappelling has been quite consistent. There was a prompt to enter rappel, but exiting it was automatic. From now on, however, that will no longer be the case. A similar prompt will come up when you’re able to exit rappel, and all you have to do is press that key if that’s what you want. With this small modification, players will be able to avoid exiting rappel when they’re just trying to stay as close to its edge as possible, giving you more power over your tactical decisions.
Capitao Elite Set
- Go back in time with Capitão’s Responsa uniform, victory animation, gadget skin for his TAC Mk0 Crossbow and weapon skins for the Para-308, M249 and PRB92, as well as the Elite Capitão Chibi charm, all of which will be available soon after the launch of Operation Shifting Tides.
Operators Price Decrease
- Seven more Operators are seeing price reductions this season. Hibana and Echo’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits. Dokkaebi, Vigil and Zofia’s will come down to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits, while Nomad and Kaid’s prices will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
Shifting Tides Weapon Skins
- Once again, this new season brings you two new seasonal weapon skins representative of the Operators’ origins.
- The unbreakable Vessel Wave skin draws its inspiration from the Kenyan Navy, with aquatic camouflage and hard studded steel.
- The bright Palace Virtue skin illustrates the colors and architecture of India, with white marble lined in golden, and blue and green accents.
- Seasonal weapon skins are released upon season launch and can be purchased during that season. Once unlocked, the seasonal weapon skins can be applied to all available weapons and will remain in the player’s inventory indefinitely.
- The number of pings Jackal receives from a scan now depends on the age of the footprint.
- When eyenox is active, the color and the highlight around the target print will depict the age of the print. Highlighting and scanning a colored print will return a varying number of pings based on its age.
- The existing footprints of the scanned operator will disappear after completing the scan.
- Jackal can no longer either see or scan prints from below.
- Improved interaction with Caveira’s Silent Step.
- Replaced Jackal’s Breach Charges with a Claymore.
- Added a highlight VFX to indicate which footstep is being scanned.
- Added a scanning progress bar.
General tweaks & improvements
Gadget Trajectory Asset Destruction
- We’re in the process of updating breakable props across all our maps to be more structured in how they are destroyed when they are in the pathway of gadget projectiles and missiles. The goal is to make destruction of various elements across maps more coherent for players. This first iteration should allow projectiles to break fragile props that would otherwise block their path (ex: Grenades, C4, etc.).
Gadget Code Optimization
- With the new season, we’ve improved the coding logic for a number of primary and secondary gadgets to protect against potential regressions and widen their capacity for future complexity.
- These backend changes will not impact your experience using the gadgets.
Casual Renamed to Quick Match
- Casual is now called Quick Match. Same game mode, new name.
Quick Match + Newcomer Role Swap
- Quick Match (previously Casual) and Newcomer playlists will adopt the AA-DD role swap. Similar to Ranked, players will swap roles once a match.
- You will now be able to find all the information you need about a game mode in the new Playlist Guides! Newcomer, Quick Match (previously casual) and Unranked game modes will now have Playlist Guides similar to the Ranked guides.
- The Operator voices for Hibana and Mira have been re-recorded with new voice actors. We are thankful to the voice actors that we worked with up to this point, but with the expansion of our Universe content, we needed to make adjustments to our talent line up to ensure consistency.
- Removed hostage immunity to fire damage.
- Before the hostage has been picked up in a round, Goyo is responsible for all damage his Volcan causes to the hostage.
- After the hostage has been picked up at least once in the round, whoever destroys the Volcan shield is responsible for the damage caused to the hostage.
- Goyo, Capitao, and Wamai will all follow these RFF rules in regards to hostage.
- Additionally, when Attackers escort hostage through a trap (ie: Kapkan EDD) and the hostage bleeds out, the Attackers will lose the round not the Defenders.
- FIXED – The sanction meter towards getting kicked out of a game does not properly accumulate when a player incurs additional offenses while under RFF.
- FIXED – Hostage can be vulnerable to damage through both reinforced and unbreakable walls when placed too close to the wall.
- FIXED – Drones can get stuck inside a Deployable Shield if the defender deploys the shield on top of the drone.
- FIXED – Deployable Shields are sometimes returned to the owner’s inventory when someone stands on it.
- FIXED – Some light projectiles are destroying map assets when they should not be.
- FIXED – Asset destruction by a projectile trajectory, is sometimes not replicated properly to other clients.
- FIXED – Indestructible assets on various maps.
- FIXED – Players can use a third party exploit and use Twitch’s Shock Drone to instantly kill players.
- FIXED – Removed yellow light indicator on Breach and Exothermic charges. They will now change from red to green when the surface is breakable.
- FIXED – Players are not receiving a penalty when joining a ranked/unranked game if they cancel right before it begins.
- FIXED – Inconsistent sound propagation on hatches for thrown nitrocells.
- FIXED – Shields could previously pass through walls and covers in edge cases.
- FIXED – When players stand next to Alibi’s prisma, the prisma can disappear from screen even when it should be visible.
- FIXED – Amaru gets instantly killed when reeling to a window that has a Frost Trap and a EDD.
- FIXED – Ash’s Breaching Rounds can be destroyed with bullets, melee attacks and explosives.
- FIXED – Ash’s Breaching Round can detonate after being destroyed by another explosive.
- FIXED – Blackbeard’s shield clips through his body when equipping it in lean stance.
- FIXED – Caveira can use silent step with her primary weapon after performing a series of steps..
- FIXED – Clash CCE shield clips through Clash body if a player spams between weapon and shield.
- FIXED – When under DBNO, the range of Ela’s Grzmot mines are smaller than they should be.
- FIXED – Ela’s Grzmot Mine does not detonate if it’s placed on the Mira’s Black Mirror Gas tank.
- FIXED – Meleeing a Volcan Shields canister from the bullet proof casing causes it to detonate.
- FIXED – Missing debuff icon for spectator and support view when watching Jackal while an enemy is being tracked.
- FIXED – Maestro’s gadget is can be destroyed when placed on certain surfaces and breaking cosmetic destruction around it (columns of 1F Restaurant of Tower, tiles of 2F Bathroom of Fortress, popstar poster in 1F Bar of Tower).
- FIXED – Maverick’s right hand is not placed on the Breaching Torch when he is looking right while rappelling from 3rd person POV.
- FIXED – If Mira disconnects while deploying her gadget on a wall, that wall can no longer be reinforced.
- FIXED – Removed various unnecessary vault prompts in several maps.
- FIXED – Various collision corrections that impacted drone + player navigation.
- FIXED – Various dynamic clipping issues across all maps.
- FIXED – Various LoD details for various maps
- FIXED – Various space corrections across all maps to prevent captured drones from losing signal while inside.
- FIXED – 2F Armory on Border has a small gap at head level that allows headshots while crouched.
- FIXED – Players can gain an unfair LOS in EXT Campfire Wood of Chalet.
- FIXED – Computers screens missing collision with gadgets on Consulate.
- FIXED – Wall frames in 2F Kid’s Room of House did not let users deploy gadgets.
- FIXED – Defenders can spawn peek attackers spawning at EXT Park of Kafe.
- FIXED – Players are able to access the top of EXT Cafe Roof Top Skylight on Kafe.
- FIXED – Valkyrie ‘s Black Eye does not mark scanned attackers when placed on the ceiling of EXT 1F Restaurant Balcony.
- FIXED – Inconsistent gadget placement on concrete rubble in 1F Center Hallway and 1F Bar Hallway of Tower.
- FIXED – In Night map of Tower, 2F Elevator corners are too dark.
- FIXED – Minor animation bugs and alignment issues.
- FIXED – Cosmetic visual bugs on various headgears and uniforms.
- FIXED – When previewing weapons, the magazine sometimes spawns before the weapon preview.
- FIXED – Y4 Operators for Year 4 Season Pass owners are not available after logging with a second account on the same console.
- FIXED – UI doesn’t refresh when returning to the operator landing page after setting a new showcase operator.
- FIXED – Blitz Elite VIP VFX can be triggered in the map if Blitz is the host.
- FIXED – Newcomer/Casual playlists remain locked even player’s ongoing match ends and player must restart to unlock.
- FIXED – Performance drops when fast switching between tabs in RankedExpo menu tabs.
- FIXED – Various map locations where Casters can see OOW.
- FIXED – [Situations] Players can access and get stuck in the basement on the 1st Situation on Hereford Base.