- Related Games:
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
The Metal Gear series has always been a great example of attention to detail. Metal Gear Solid 2 was one of the first games to have breakable watermelons and meltable ice. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain takes it to a new realm of impressiveness.
Next time you play The Phantom Pain, look out for these details:
- You can use your cassette player to play "Recorded on the Toilet" while in a porta potty to prevent soldiers from looking inside.
- If Big Boss is bloody from combat or exhausted from multiple days of deployment, he gets an IV while sitting in the ACC helicopter.
- It's possible to hijack a Jeep by creeping up behind it on D-Horse. You can also mount the D-Horse while running for quick escape.
- Soldiers try to counter your strategies on later deployments by using night vision if you regularly deploy at night, wear helmets if you get a lot of head shots, and equip gas masks if you enjoy using chemical grenades.
- While bloody Big Boss' mental state is affected, lowering the duration of reflex mode.
- Blood on Big Boss won't be removed until he either takes a shower, or walks in rain.
- If you don't shower for a long duration of time, NPCs will mention how much you stink. Ocelot and soldiers at Mother Base will even throw bucket water on you. Eventually, Quiet will shower with you.
- Soldiers will attempt to take you out with a knife if you hold them up for too long.
- As you kill people or research nuclear weapons, the horn-looking shrapnel on Big Boss' head grows larger.
- You can CQC enemies into walls to incapacitate them for a longer duration of time.
- Soldiers will notice foot prints in mud or water trails from puddles.
- Power lines can be shot during rain to zap enemies below.
- Hanging for a while will result in Big Boss shaking his non-prosthetic arm to increase blood flow.
- Enemies can be blinded with a gun-mounted flashlight.
- If you stare at Quiet's breasts, she will turn her head and look at you. If you continue to stare at her, then she will flirt with you.
- Moving helicopter blades will dissipate smoke from a smoke grenade. So, you can call in a support helicopter to clear smoked areas.
- Reloading on a loaded weapon with a full magazine will give you +1, the bullet in the chamber.
- Trucks will transport you to the address on your cardboard box if you use it while on the back of a truck.
- If an incapacitated enemy has their head submerged in water, then they will eventually drown.
- Enemies that spot a Fulton before ascension can shoot the parachute to relieve the ally.
- D-Dog will bark at any supply crates that you drop near him.
- Supply crate drops can incapacitate enemies that they land on.
- You can hear the noise of shell casings landing on the floor. What material they land on affects the sound.
- Head equipment on soldiers will fly off when the Fulton launches them into the sky.
- You can use a soldier sticker on the cardboard box to make soldiers salute you.
10 Weird Story Elements in Metal Gear Solid