- Related Games:
- For Honor
For Honor's military cocktail of Vikings, Knights, and Samurai is quite a sight to behold. For whatever reason these three styles of warrior aren't able to get along despite their shared interests in steel, combat, and shouting incomprehensible phrases. The result is a violent Ubisoft multiplayer game that has us hooked.
At one point or another you've probably wondered what these guys are saying. They certainly aren't speaking English, and that means for the most part you and everyone else just think they sound cool without actually understanding what they're saying—like a Ramstein song.
Well, a Reddit user by the name Kevin8ryan has taken the time to translate some of the most commonly said in-game phrases. Let's put it this way, you're never going to hear the game in the same way ever again.
- Jump heavy: Þú ert dauður! – "You are dead!"
- Deflect: Náði þér! – "Caught you!"
- Shield stance: HORFÐU Á MIG! – "Look at me!"
- Unblockable: ÉG RÍF ÞIG Í BITA! – "I'll tear you to pieces!"
- ÉG DREP ÞIG! – "I'll kill you!"
- Shoulder bash: Miserum! – "Pitiful!"
- Ti secabo! – "I'll cut you into pieces!"
- Nulla misericordia! – "No mercy!"
- Shield Stance: Te occidam! – "I'm going to kill you!"/ Te affligam! – "I'll crush you!"
- Stab: Peri! – "Die!"/"Perish!"
- Morituro! – "You're gonna die!"
- Top unblockable: Ad mortem, inimicus! – "To death, my enemy!"
- Pull: No superstes! – "No survivors!"
All of them
- When grabbed: Nani? (何) – "What?"
- Top heavy finisher: Jinjyo ni shoubu (尋常に勝負) – "Let's have an honorable showdown!"
- Side heavy finisher: Korede shimaida (これで終いだ) – "This'll be the end!"
- Demon's embrace: Isagiyoku shine (潔く死ね) – "Accept it and die!"
- Charging heavy attack: Waga shuchuu ni ari (我が手中にあり) – "It's in my hands."
- Riptide Strike: Nigashimasen (逃がしません) – "You can't run!"
- Light finisher that bleeds: Sonata ni shi wo (其方に死を) "I give you death!"
- Side cobra strike: Oshite mairu (推して参る) "Here we go!"
If you happen to know any others, let us know in the comments below.