The Necromancer is a powerful and flashy class. It’s a shame that it only has one endgame build. That’s right, while every other class has multiple sets and skill compositions that can be used effectively on the highest difficulties, the Necromancer is pigeon-holed into one.
In-fact, nearly all of the top 1,000 Necromancer players in Diablo 3 are currently using the same build. The build revolves around the Inarius set, using close ranged scythe attacks and curses to decimate foes quickly and efficiently.
In this guide we will introduce you to this build.
- Bone Armor (Dislocation) – You’re going to need some form of active mitigation, and this suits the role for melee range very well.
- Blood Rush (Potency) – Mobility is important for getting where you need to while either under pressure, or transitioning from one pack to another.
- Corpse Lance (Brittle Touch) – Opening up larger health pool enemies to larger damage is important for most builds in endgame, and this skill + rune combination fits that role perfectly.
- Decrepify (Dizzying Curse) – Stunning is very important for preventing damage in the first place. This is the best stun option for the Necromancer.
- Grim Scythe (Curse Scythe) – This is a melee range build, and the Grim Scythe is the best resource builder for this style of play. Cursed Scythe, while RNG oriented, adds high potential for debuffing.
- Land of the Dead (Frozen Lands) – This is another fantastic AoE CC that combos well with Decrepify.
- Blood Is Power – Since this build is very cooldown dependent, this is a must.
- Overwhelming Essence – The damage boost provided by this passive’s enhancement is significant.
- Spreading Malediction – This is considered a must-have for Decrepify-oriented builds.
- Stand Alone – We aren’t using any pets, so this passive is a no-brainer for fantastic passive mitigation.
- Grace of Inarius (Armor Set) – You want the full set for all its bonuses.
- Reilana’s Shadowhook (Weapon) – The damage boost provided by this is currently overpowered, going beyond what other weapons provide.
And that’s it. We hope this build serves you well.