A brand-new Forza Horizon 4 update has rolled into view for both PC and Xbox One versions of the game. Race to the end to read through the complete list of Forza Horizon 4 update 9 patch notes. Alternatively, take in the scenic route by reading through some of the Forza Horizon 4 1.295.960.0 and 1.295.960.2 update patch notes highlights. This Forza Horizon 4 May 7 update is a big one, too. There’s a decent amount to drift through here.
Forza Horizon 4 Update 9
As stated above, the latest Forza Horizon 4 update is a big one. It includes several new features, modes, story content, and more. Read on for the finer details on a few of the new things now in Forza Horizon 4.
Update number 9 on both PC and Xbox One brings with it a few new features. This includes the introduction of new anti-griefing measures and wall-riding in Quickplay and Ranked Online Racing Adventure modes.
If you spend any time sliding along walls in order to cut corners while playing online, you will suffer a slowdown effect for a little while. The updated griefing system, meanwhile, will ghost anyone when the game detects a high difference in speed. The game will ghost the faster car to try and reduce high-speed collisions, intentional or not.
New Story Content
In Bamburgh Village, you will now find Hans Liebold and his car insurance company. In ten brand-new Horizon Business story missions, you will join Hans as his business partner and try to prove or disprove outlandish insurance claims. Completing all ten chapters will unlock the Crash Test Dummy morph-suit.
New Online Mode
Not content with new story, err, content, the developers have also added in a brand-new online mode. You will now be able to take part in Custom Adventures. In these, you will be able to select any Car Class, Collisions, Freeroam Rush, and Racing Series. You will only, however, be able to matchmake with other players searching for the exact same Custom Adventure. Don’t worry if it takes a few minutes to find anyone if your tastes are rather unique.
New Showcase Remix
On top of everything explained above, a brand-new Showcase Remix is now available in Forza Horizon 4. The Night Flight Showcase Remix has you racing a jet-black delta-wing at night in a 1980s sports car.
As well as everything listed here, there are plenty of gameplay tweaks and fixes to be found within the patch notes below.
Forza Horizon 4 Update 9 Patch Notes
The full list of Forza Horizon 4 update 9 patch notes can be seen below, courtesy of the Forza Motorsport support forums:
- PC: 1.295.960.2
- Xbox: 1.295.960.0
Online Adventure Anti Griefing Measures
This update adds two new features designed to reduce griefing behavior and wall-riding in Ranked and Quickplay Online Racing Adventure. Players who slide along walls to attempt to corner will have a slowdown applied to their cars for a short period of time. The system will ghost players when a high difference in speed is detected. The faster car will now be ghosted to reduce the number of high speed impacts, for example when players are too late on the brakes and fail to make the corner. This will also reduce occurrences of players intentionally colliding at high speed to force other players off the track.
New Story – THE CAR FILES
It’s time to join the exciting world of car insurance! Automotive Consultant Hans Liebold has set up shop in Bamburgh Village, and is looking for a business partner to help prove (or disprove) a range of peculiar insurance claims! This new Horizon Business adds 10 chapters of gameplay, and the ability to unlock the Crash Test Dummy morph-suit.
New Online Mode – CUSTOM ADVENTURE
Sign up for Custom Adventures, where you can freely select Car Class, Racing Series, Freeroam Rush and Collisions. Note that Custom Adventure only finds other players looking for exactly the same type of Adventure.
New Showcase Remix – NIGHT FLIGHT
Strap into a classic 80s speed machine, and race a jet black delta-wing at night.
Cross Platform Fixes
- Fixed an issue which prevented Hats from appearing on the player character in open top vehicles
- Fixed an issue where entering replays twice, would result in the player receiving no Credits or Influence
- Added in a prompt when starting seasonal championships to ensure the correct difficulty is set to earn the top reward
- Fixed an issue with the Koenigsegg Agera RS Audio becoming distorted after driving for an extended period of time
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to see cars they had been awarded in their garage, only on event sign up
- Fixed an issue where map slams for new activities would reset a player’s map filter settings
- Fixed an issue where the Broadway Danger Sign PR Stunt wasn’t always activating or calculating distance properly
- Fixed an issue where selecting a rivals event through My Rivals for an event on a different island would result in an infinite load
- Fixed an issue in festival playlist where achieving exactly 80% wouldn’t show the Seasonal reward as achieved
- Added more details to Map Pins for seasonal events, which will now show vehicle restrictions
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to begin a Private Adventure in a convoy
- Fixed an issue with the F150 Hoonitruck engine audio being incorrect
- Various Stability improvements
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Treasure Hunt Location from spawning if the player had system notifications turned off.