The Apex Legends 1.12 update patch notes have now been shared by developer Respawn Entertainment. The new Apex Legends update today has been rolled out across PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. This new patch includes a number of bug fixes, including a solution to the annoying audio bug linked to Octane’s Jump Pad, as well as the bug that had player inventory being sorted incorrectly. There isn’t much in the way of actual new content, with the majority of the patch notes describing fixes that help to make Apex Legends a smoother experience.
Apex Legends 1.12 Update Patch Notes Highlights
New Config Commands
Users on PC will be able to take advantage of three new config commands, following download and installation of the Apex Legends 1.12 update.
“fps_max”, “mat_letterbox_aspect_goal”, and “mat_letterbox_aspect_threshold” can all now be carried out through the command menu.
Developer Respawn Entertainment has also fixed an issue where players weren’t being granted “Loss Forgiveness” when a teammate left during an Apex Elite match.
With Apex Elite being the more hardcore playlist, which awards teams that continue to place in the top five squads, you are put at a significant disadvantage if one of your teammates quits or is disconnected. Loss Forgiveness helps to make this experience less frustrating, and so it’s good to see that it’s been made to be more consistent.
Bugs affecting Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps and Octane’s Jump Pad audio have now been fixed.
Apex Legends 1.12 Update Patch Notes Full List
- Fixed the bug with healing items not functioning when using the keybinds for them.
- The following config commands are now enabled:
- Fixed issue with players not being rewarded with Loss Forgiveness after their teammate left during an Apex Elite match.
- Also made improvements so that Loss Forgiveness works more consistently in other cases where it wasn’t working correctly.
- Fixed bug where Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps would damage players through walls.
- Fixed exploit where you could repeatedly place Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps with no cooldown.
- [PS4 Only] Fixed bug with in-game reward message not displaying the right image for Playstation Plus subscribers [previously this was showing an orange and purple checker image instead of the right asset].
- Fixed issue with “nerfed” skydiving from a Jump Tower.
- Resolved a number of localization issues for Xbox and PS4.
- Fixed issues with items sorting incorrectly when looting a deathbox.
- Fixed issues related to heavily decreased accuracy when ADS and sliding.
- Fixed audio bug related to Octane’s Jump Pad.
- Fixed a number of game logic script errors.