A new limited-time event is kicking off thanks to the latest Astroneer update version 18.104.22.168. Titled the EXO Salvage Initiative LTE, this event offers several new rewards in exchange for cleaning up a planet’s surface. And, as usual, the new patch introduces several bug fixes and a handful of balance adjustments. Learn more about the Salvage Initiative update with the latest Astroneer patch notes featured below.
Astroneer Patch Notes | Update 22.214.171.124
By far the biggest change outlined in the new Astroneer patch notes center around the EXO Salvage Initiative LTE. This limited-time event will run through June 14, and tasks players with cleaning up each of the game’s planets by collecting salvage. As end-game players are aware, salvage is one of the easiest ways of crafting. With this event, collecting salvage now also offers several exclusive rewards.
The EXO Salvage Initiative can be started by printing a new EXO Request Platform. Once constructed and powered, instructions will be delivered containing details about where to go next. In particular, players will need to seek out large cargo containers that have disappeared from EXO manifests. After finding them, they can be exchanged for exclusive cosmetics like the Turret-a-porter Mask and the Salvage Chic palette.
The Salvage Initiative is live on all platforms! Clean up the planets for EXO Dynamics and unlock some "upcycled"♻️ rewards for your Astroneers! ⚙️🔩💣
— ASTRONEER (@astroneergame) April 14, 2020
Naturally, the Salvage Initiative update also comes with the usual sort of bug fixes. Dynamite was the focus of several issues — eight in total — and should now behave more in line with expectations. A multiplayer bug causing the game to stall when using a trade platform has been fixed, and there are also several language adjustments for Spanish, German, and Dutch players.
Here are the full Astroneer patch notes for the Salvage Initiative update as provided by the developers at System Era Softworks.
EXO Salvage Initiative LTE
Players are being given the opportunity to assist EXO in cleaning up all the debris items that are littered around the planets for permanent cosmetic rewards and in-game goodies.
Of particular interest are any large cargo containers that have gone missing from EXO’s manifests – return these for major points! Rumor has it that these fell only on a few planets, but have caused a delightful atmospheric effect…
This event introduces secondary rewards that are delivered to players via a return rocket at the EXO Request Platform.
To begin your mission, print a new Exo Request Platform, power it up, then read the control panel for further instructions.
- “Turret-a-porter” Mask – Rewarded after achieving 1500 recovery points
- “4ML A-TYRE” Hat – Rewarded after achieving 5000 recovery points
- “Salvage Chic” Palette – Rewarded after achieving 8000 recovery points
- Useful incremental and recurring rewards along the way!
This event will be live till June 14th!
Destructive debris generation & resource collection
- Players are now able to destroy T4 or “massive” debris objects found in the world using Dynamite. Larger debris objects will be reduced to a collection of generic new smaller tier scrap components.
- Destroying T2 and T3 objects with dynamite also creates a collection of smaller size scrap components.
- Dynamite can now be used to collect resource nuggets from resource deposits.
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 126.96.36.199
- [AS-3675] – Hazard plants no longer remain floating when detonating dynamite near them
- [AS-4855] – Grass decorators no longer remain floating when detonating terrain
- [AS-4980] – Resources no longer remain floating when destroying terrain with dynamite.
- [AS-9055] – Decorators on non-Terran planets with T1 or T2 research objects attached to them no longer float when they are dug up using dynamite.
- [AS-9718] – Player should no longer blow up their own terrain tool
- [AS-9868] – Dynamite | T1 items can no longer be destroyed by dynamite if placed directly on top of them
- [AS-10372] – Rover Seat, Large Rover Seat, and Crane can be destroyed with dynamite
- [AS-10511] – EXO Research Aids base now generates debris when blown up
- [AS-8286] – The game no longer severely hitches when the host uses the trade platform for the first time in a session
- [AS-8094] – Color palette names are now consistent in Spanish
- [AS-9050] – Standard cursor is no longer overlapped by a bigger cursor that is delayed
- [AS-9465] – German and Dutch now use “STARTEN” on Exo Request Platform control panel
- [AS-9566] – Slotting behavior of items is now consistent when placing them with the cursor
- [AS-9933] – Single Tethers, Extenders and Glowsticks can be shredded
- [AS-9939] – Power will no longer be drained by EXO Research Aids and debris POIs when power cell is depleted
- [AS-10402] – Drills and Pavers no longer enter a bad state when a second drill or paver is packaged on the same AUX slot of an XL Rover
- The crash that occurred because of seats attached to shuttle storage has been fixed.