If you’ve been using Snapchat for a while you’ve probably amassed a decent number of contacts. Trouble is, if you’re curious to know exactly how many, there’s no obvious way to find out. Unlike on other social media platforms, it takes a bit of ingenuity to figure out how to see how many people you have on Snapchat. Keep scrolling to learn exactly how to do it on iOS and Android.
How to See How Many People You Have on Snapchat | Check total friends
Snapchat doesn’t make your total friend count easily accessible via your profile, whereas most other social media apps do. Thankfully, it isn’t hard to see how many people you have by using the trick we’ve detailed step-by-step below.
How to see how many friends you have on Snapchat
- Navigate to the map screen.
- Tap the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Locate the “WHO CAN SEE MY LOCATION” heading.
- Tap “Only These Friends …”
- Locate the “ALL FRIENDS” heading and to the right of it tap the “Select All” option.
- Navigate to your profile screen.
- Scroll down to locate the “Snap Map” section.
- Underneath the map image, you should see text reading “Sharing Location with [X] Friends.”
- In place of [X] will be the number of friends that you currently have on Snapchat.
Although it takes a little bit of extra legwork, finding out how many people you have on Snapchat only takes about a minute tops. Once you’ve discovered how many Snapchat friends you have, feel free to revert your map settings back to whatever they were before sharing your location with all of your friends.
You should now know just how popular you are on Snapchat. If you feel like it, let us know how many friends you have in the comments.