- Where the first Showcase event takes place, near the mid-point of the map's right side, you can find a Bucket List Challenge. Accept that challenge. From the start, perform a quick 180-degree turn at the very start. Head out of the hangar and turn left to follow the sidewalk, ramming objects as quickly as possible to build up a wreckage combo. Near the end, perform another 180-degree turn and follow the sidewalk again, all the way past the end of the road. If you have done it properly, you get air twice and then launch down the hill. Continue holding down the accelerator and drift left or right. This typically results in a bonus for executing a kangaroo combo, and you should also earn a 'Great' or better rating for your drift. Once you have mastered it, you can repeatedly perform this technique for easy skill points.
- Upgrade often. You may be tempted to save money for upgrades for better vehicles, but the immediate benefit for an upgrade on the car you're currently using is too good to ignore. Don't worry too much about money, you'll earn plenty along the way.
- The harder you make the game, the more money you earn. Use the assists at first to familiarize yourself with the game (unless you're super confident in the beginning), and then begin to turn them off to earn more cash.
- Perks are another way to increase the money you earn, though they don't prove as beneficial as adjusting the difficulty/turning off sliders.
- Go off road every once in a while to find hidden secrets. Even in races you can do so to get better times and edge out the competition.
- Don't rely on the rewind feature too much. Eventually you'll participate in online races and other competitions in which rewinding results in penalties. Plus, it takes away some of the fun if you rely on it constantly.
Extra Skill Point Exploits
Fully upgrade the Supra GT and you can earn some easy skill points in two locations. The first is the airport, in the north area of the region. You can drag race from one end of the air strip to the other, then use a hard brake/drift/j-turn and return in the opposite direction, earning a bunch of points each time. From the airport, you can find the second area by traveling south until you reach a dry river bed. Here, it is easy to string jumps and drifts together for skill multipliers. Drive on and off ledges at full speed to earn a bunch of great perks.
Speed Trap Exploit
At the speed traps, cameras will spot you when you drive faster than 30MPH. If you are playing with a friend, he or she can then find you and beat your time to score an easy 50,000 CR. A good trick here is to work with a friend to gain some wealth. Drive just over 30MPH so that your speed is noted by the camera, then have your friend just barely exceed it so that he or she earns a reward. Now speed up so that you just barely exceed your friend's speed. Continue swapping back and forth and each time, one or the other of you can gain an additional reward, making it easy to quickly build up all sorts of resources.
Fast Skill Points Exploit
Earning skill points can typically take quite a while, but you can shorten the process significantly. Start by purchasing the Ultima GTR (2012) vehicle. Next, fully upgrade it. Take it to the long stretch on the east end of the highway that runs between Nice and the Horizon festival. Once you are in position, drive northwest along the highway at maximum speed, weaving between traffic and building up multipliers. As you pass through the tunnel and the divider goes away, burn out or use the emergency brake and turn around so that you are now driving in the opposite direction. In this manner, you can build up tons of points in as little as a couple of hours.
Related: Forza Horizon 2 Review
|Welcome to Horizon Europe||You arrive at the Horizon Festival in style|
|First of many||You won your first race|
|Driver for Hire||You earned your first sponsorship bonus|
|Roadtripper||You completed all 3 Road Trips|
|Hit the Road Jack||You completed the Amateur Road Trip|
|The Train's in Vain||You beat the train in a Horizon Showcase Event|
|Welcome to Montellino||You made it to Montellino|
|Welcome to San Giovanni||You made it to San Giovanni|
|Welcome to Castelletto||You made it to Castelletto|
|Welcome to Saint Martin||You made it to Saint Martin|
|Welcome to Sisteron||You made it to Sisteron|
|Welcome to Nice Massena||You made it to Nice Massena|
|Horizon Champion||You beat them all to become Horizon Champion|
|Horizon Apprentice||You mastered your first Championship Event|
|Horizon Journeyman||You mastered all of the Events at 1 Destination|
|Horizon Master||You mastered all of the Events at 3 Destinations|
|All Your Race Are Belong to Us||You mastered every Event at the Horizon Festival|
|Yellow Wristband||You earned the Yellow Wristband|
|Blue Wristband||You earned the Blue Wristband|
|Purple Wristband||You earned the Purple Wristband|
|Bronze Wristband||You earned the Bronze Wristband|
|Gold Wristband||You earned the Gold Wristband|
|That New Car Smell||You bought your first car|
|Car Lover||Your garage contains 50 cars|
|Worthy of a Sultan||Your garage is worth over 20 million credits|
|Skilful||You earned 10 Skill Points|
|The Chosen One||You earned 109 Skill Points|
|Summer Sale||You smashed 25 Reward Boards|
|Smash Happy||You found and smashed every Reward Board|
|The Flashed and the Furious||20 different Speed Cameras caught you doing over 100mph|
|Follow That Car||You collected 3 bounties|
|Throw Down the Gauntlet||You completed 10 Bucket List Stunts|
|Challenge Accepted||Mission accomplished! You completed the Bucket List|
|Friends with Benefits||You earned a total of 1,000,000 Cr from Rivals|
|Team Mates||You joined a Car Club|
|Human GPS||You drove down every road in the game|
|Storage Hunter||You restored 5 Barn Finds|
|User||You took part in 20 Multiplayer Events|
|Addict||You took part in 200 Multiplayer Events|
|On the Road Again||You completed your first Online Road Trip Location|
|Well Travelled||You completed 25 Online Road Trip Locations|
|Yes We Can||You and your friends completed 25 Bucket List Stunts together|
|Fast and Clean||Nice driving. You earned the Clean Racer Skill 100 times|
|Freeroaming Buddies||You joined an Online Freeroam with a friend|
|You Are Playground Games||You completed 100 Playground Games|
|Sellout||You earned every Sponsorship Bonus on offer|