League of Legends‘ Rell has been revealed by Riot Games, with the new LoL champion having been detailed ahead of her release. Rell will be released in LoL in patch 10.25, though will be playable ahead of her official launch when she’s debuted on the Public Beta Environment.
Here’s Rell’s role, release date, abilities, and more explained.
League of Legends‘ Rell Lore | The new LoL Champion’s story
Riot Games has described Rell’s backstory as follows:
“The product of brutal experimentation at the hands of the Black Rose, Rell is a defiant, living weapon determined to topple Noxus. Her childhood was one of misery and horror, enduring unspeakable procedures to perfect and weaponize her magical control over metal… until she staged a violent escape, killing many of her captors in the process.”
League of Legends‘ Rell abilities
Rell is able to switch from mounted to unmounted positions, jumping on and off her horse in order to launch different attack. She has a shield-breaking Q, while she also specializes in AoE attacks. Her ultimate ability effectively makes her the center of the combat, pulling in all enemies towards her. This suggests that Rell will function as a tank, able to withstand damage while the enemy team is drawn towards her.
- Passive – Break the Mold
- Rell attacks very slowly, but temporarily steals a portion of her target’s Armor and Magic.
- Resist to deal bonus damage based on the amount stolen. Additionally, Rell can siphon resistances from multiple different foes to grow extremely tanky.
- Q – Shattering Strike
- Rell stabs forward with her lance, breaking any shields and damaging all enemies hit (damage decreases after the first target). If Rell has an ally bound with E – Attract and Repel, she and that ally recover health for each champion hit by this ability.
- W1 – Ferromancy: Crash Down
- (Can only cast while mounted) Rell leaps into the sky and transforms her mount into heavy armor, gaining a huge shield that lasts until destroyed or remounting. Upon landing, she knocks up all enemies around her. Rell can cast E – Attract and Repel and R – Magnet Storm during the transformation.
- Rell has increased durability, low movement speed, and a movement speed cap while in armored form. After the transformation, this ability changes to Ferromancy: Mount Up.
- W2 – Ferromancy: Mount Up
- (Can only cast while in armored form) Rell rushes forward and transforms her armor into a mount, gaining a burst of movement speed. During her next attack, she charges her target to deal bonus damage and flip them over her shoulder.
- Rell has increased movement speed while mounted. After the transformation, this ability changes to Ferromancy: Crash Down.
- E – Attract and Repel
- Rell magnetically binds a piece of her armor to a target allied champion, granting them bonus Armor and Magic Resist while nearby.
- Rell can recast this spell to break the bind and stun all enemies around and between her and her bound ally.
- R – Magnet Storm
- Rell erupts in magnetic fury, yanking nearby enemies toward her. She then creates a gravitational field around her, pulling nearby enemies in for a few seconds. The field doesn’t interrupt her enemies’ other actions.
What role does Rell play in LoL?
Rell will play as a Support in League of Legends. She will focus on pulling in groups of enemies, breaking the armor of enemies, along with granting allies armor and Magic Resist. She is also equipped with a stun, while switching between her mounted and unmounted forms also changes her stats. While unmounted, her movement speed is capped though she has increased durability, while when mounted her movement speed is increased.
Rell LoL release date
Rell will arrive in League of Legends‘ 10.25 patch. This will be released in December, with Riot still working on various fixes for the MOBA.
Ahead of the character’s appearance in patch 10.25, she will be playable in the game’s Beta Environment. This will allow Riot some time to effectively balance her before she is playable in the main game. It is expected that the Champion will be made available to play in beta this week.