When it’s going great, TikTok for iOS (iPhone) and Android can be a killer entertainment app, providing videos upon videos of burst-fire content. It can be addicting as heck, but that can all be brought to a screeching halt if the app stops working properly. Some users have reported videos freezing and the app glitching out. Here’s how to stop TikTok videos freezing and prevent other glitches.
How to stop TikTok videos freezing
To stop TikTok videos freezing, users should skip the frozen video and then move back to it after watching another clip.
Other TikTok glitch fixes include:
- Update the app.
- Ensuring the latest version of TikTok is installed through the iOS App Store or Google Play Store will help to increase stability.
- Close and reopen the app.
- Swipe away the app to make sure it’s fully closed. Then reopen it and see if it works properly.
- Reboot the device.
- Sometimes apps can misbehave because of the hardware that they are being run on.
- Reinstall the app.
- A fresh app install is a good way of removing any corruption.
- Log out and back in again.
- When facing issues with a certain account, logging out and then back in can sometimes help solve issues.
Here’s hoping the above fixes get TikTok users back up and running. Videos freezing and the app glitching out are issues that stop the flow of meme-able content on the hottest new video app.
Wondering how to do that cool-looking celebrity look-alike filter on the latest version of TikTok? Here’s the need-to-know info.
Struggling to work out how to download TikTok videos on PC? This GameRevolution guide reveals all, including information about a tool that downloads videos quickly.
It’s tough to know when exactly TikTok videos should be posted for the best chance of going viral. Thankfully, GameRevolution has compiled a guide on the best times.