The Destiny 2 Season 18 release date is August 23. On that day, the Season of Plunder will start after the weekly reset at around 2 p.m. EDT.
Update: Weekly maintenance has begun and the season is on track to launch on time.
What’s new in Season 18 of Destiny 2?
Season 18 of Destiny 2 will bring a new Season Pass and a new Artifact, just like the ones before it. Additionally, it’ll introduce:
- The Arc 3.0 revamp that brings the class up to par with Solar.
- Skill-Based Crucible matchmaking.
- Weapon balances.
- A revamped legacy raid.
What goes away when Season 18 starts?
When the Season of the Haunted ends, you’ll lose the following:
- Any unclaimed or uncompleted seasonal titles.
- Access to the ending of the Season of the Haunted storyline. (The storyline itself will remain available.)
- Access to the Season 17 Battle Pass.
- Rank across all vendors and Crucible, Gambit, and Strike.
Season 18 roadmap
The Season of the Plunder will last around four months, and we know a roadmap of some of the events that’ll pop up in Destiny 2 during that time:
- August 26: Reprised Raid
- September 6: Iron Banner Week 1
- September 16: Trials of Osiris Available
- October 4: Grandmaster Nightfalls Available
- October 18: Festival of the Lost 2022 (Halloween Event)
- November 15: Iron Banner Week 2