Plenty of players are still having fun with The Sims 4, the immensely popular life simulation game from Maxis and Electronic Arts. Despite having released over five years ago, the game still receives frequent updates, the latest being update version 1.58.69. This patch aims to fix a few major issues, including language support on Legacy versions of the game as well as a crippling save file corruption bug. Keep reading to learn everything changed in The Sims 4 1.58.69 patch notes.
The Sims 4 Patch Notes | Update 1.58.69
The latest patch notes for The Sims 4 cover four different versions of the game: 126.96.36.1990 for PC, 188.8.131.520 for Mac, 184.108.40.2060 for PC Legacy Edition, and 220.127.116.110 for the Mac Legacy Edition. Regardless of the specific patch number version, the fixes remain the same across all platforms and editions.
The Sims 4 update 1.58.69 primarily addresses three serious bugs. The first is an issue with the Legacy Edition, where the game would crash if players chose anything other than the English language. The second is a bug for the Standard Edition which saw toddlers’ needs decaying at twice the normal rate. Now parents can care for children who aren’t always miserable due to constant needs. Finally, this update also fixes the dreadful 102:6ee2fdd4 and 109:1bfa931d error codes that resulted in corrupted save files.
Here are the full patch notes for The Sims 4 update version 1.58.69.xxxx on PC and Mac:
- Legacy Edition
- An issue was introduced that prevented several languages from being able to properly run the legacy edition. This occurred due to the game client not reading its initialization file in the correct place, which is required in order to launch in the players chosen language. And as a result, the game would crash upon launch if English was not installed. We have fixed this issue. Please also be aware that any player that followed our instructions to perform a manual work around will not need to make any further changes after this patch.
- Standard Edition – Base Game
- An issue introduced with the last patch caused a Toddler’s needs to decay twice as fast. And as much fun as toddler motive juggling may be, it made it impossible to care for more than one toddler at a time, and could easily result in the toddler being removed from the household. We have addressed this issue, and returned toddlers to their normal needy selves.
- We have addressed some crashes that were impacting mod users.
- Discover University
- Users, whose save files became corrupted after running into “error code 102:6ee24dd4” or “error code 109:1bfa931d”, should find the issue no longer occurring. This is a retroactive fix, and saves that were corrupted should once again be available to load.