Another day, another update to Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The latest Modern Warfare patch notes have arrived alongside an update released on January 28, 2020. This is a relatively small patch, but it notably adds both Deathmatch Domination and Gunfight Custom. This is in addition to a few general weapon and miscellaneous bug fixes.
Modern Warfare Patch Notes | January 28, 2020
The January 28, 2020 Modern Warfare patch notes are brief. They mainly pertain to a handful of bug fixes and the new playlist updates. Diehard users will also make note of a PC-specific patch that removes controller button prompts when using mouse and keyboard.
The big highlight this time around is the addition of both Deathmatch Domination and Gunfight Custom playlists. Alongside these new additions, the team at Infinity Ward has removed Winter Docks and Shoot the Ship. In its place, players will find that Shipment 24/7 has made its return.
The January 28 patch notes also detail a handful of weapon fixes. These include a reduced headshot multiplier and reduced range for the MP5, a damage reduction and reduced range for the M4, and a damage and range increase for the M13. The recently added Crossbow also sees an adjustment, as there is a new change to the amount of Thermite Bolts needed to take down VTOL, Support Helo, and Chopper Gunners.
Here are the full Modern Warfare patch notes for the January 28, 2020 update as provided by the developers at Infinity Ward.
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed.