A new update to Warcraft 3: Reforged has been released shortly after the game’s release. Reforged update version 1.32.1 addresses some much-needed bugs, including one that prevented players from starting campaign missions. Check out all of the newest changes with the Warcraft 3: Reforged patch notes featured below.
Warcraft 3: Reforged | Update 1.32.1 Patch Notes
It’s no secret that Warcraft 3: Reforged has had some trouble since launch. The developers are keen to fix those concerns, of course, and update 1.32.1 is the first step toward making the game the retro-remaster it was always supposed to be.
As such, the new Warcraft 3: Reforged patch notes are focused primarily on bug fixes. Numerous crash conditions have been addressed, including the one that resulted in an instant defeat as soon as a mission was loaded. Players will find that multiboards no longer crash custom games, and even some of the game’s cutscenes have been adjusted.
Some of the fixes focus on Classic mode, too. After all, a lot of the Reforged owners were Classic players whose games were upgraded. Thankfully, the graphics rendering of Classic mode has been tweaked a bit, and the bug preventing progression from being properly saved has been squashed.
Here are the full Warcraft 3: Reforged patch notes for update 1.32.1 as provided by the team at Blizzard.
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
- Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
- Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
- Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.