What were the best E3 2019 trailers? Dozens of exciting reveals took place at the various conferences this year, but it might be a bit difficult for the layperson to get a handle on which game has been the most popular. Thankfully, someone has gone to the trouble to compile the data showing what the top 20 trailers from E3 2019 have been so far.
Niko Partners Senior Analyst Daniel Ahmad tweeted a list (provided by Mike Armbrust) that showed the best E3 2019 trailers by views. This top 20 list combined views of trailers across multiple links into a single score which should give us a pretty good idea of which games have had the strongest reception at one of the world’s biggest gaming conferences.
Here’s the top 20 list, ranked in order from most views to least views:
- Cyberpunk 2077 – 17,056,514 views
- Marvel’s Avengers – 16,507,582 views
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – 11,675,500 views
- Halo Infinite – 6,749,310 views
- FIFA 20 – 6,599,105 views
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – 5,548,177 views
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 4,864,084 views
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – 3,570,690 views
- Minecraft Dungeons – 3,494,266 views
- Watch Dogs: Legion – 3,018,457 views
- Elden Ring – 2,845,812 views
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 2,783,578 views
- Apex Legends – 2,768,337 views
- GhostWire: Tokyo – 2,594,957 views
- Rainbow Six Quarantine – 2,277,756 views
- Doom Eternal – 2,267,640 views
- Borderlands 3 – 2,264,809 views
- Dying Light 2 – 2,154,089 views
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – 1,968, 775 views
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 1,872,715 views
Unsurprisingly (to some), Cyberpunk 2077 has a strong lead at the No. 1 position with a bit over 17 million views. Marvel’s Avengers comes in a close second with 16.5 million views, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order takes third place with 11.675 million views. We then have a steep decline in view counts. Halo Infinite has just 6.7 million views, FIFA 20 is a hair under 6.6 million, and the Final Fantasy VII remake is just over 5.5 million views.
Mr. Ahmad takes care to note that there are several factors to consider with a list like this. Firstly, not all of these trailers released at the same time, so these numbers are likely to change in the coming days and weeks. Secondly, some of these trailers have been run as YouTube advertisements, essentially giving them free views as compared to people actually searching them out.
Still, the top 20 list of best E3 2019 trailers shows that Cyberpunk 2077 and Marvel’s Avengers clearly stole the show. Whether or not these trailer views translate into sales is something we’ll find out when we can actually get our hands on some of these games in the coming months and years.