My PlayStation Launched by Sony, a Browser Version of PSN

Sony has announced My PlayStation, a new online social destination which launches today. It allows users to access PlayStation Network (PSN) functions on the web browser.

This new service was announced by PlayStation Blog earlier today. With the release of My PlayStation, PSN functions like searching for friends, sending friend requests and sending messages have been made accessible through a web browser on PCs, Mac, smartphones, and tablets alike.

The Account Management function for Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) users was previously accessible from the PS4 console, the official site and the PlayStation App on smartphones. It will now be integrated into My PlayStation. Additionally, users can also check out their notifications and trophies, as well as the trophies of their friends.

Basically, everything that PS4 players have been doing on the PlayStation App on their smartphones can also be done with My PlayStation. Interestingly, this new service arrives one day after the official reveal of the PS4 console over five years ago on February 20th, 2013.

PS4 lead system architect Mark Cerny said that they had no idea whether the console would be a huge hit. By the end of that day, the PS4 launch trailer was already racking up to 34 million views, making it clear that gamers liked the concept and execution of the PS4. A few games were also unveiled on that day, including Sucker Punch’s inFamous Second Son and Guerilla Games’ Killzone Shadowfall. Guerrilla Games Managing Director Hermen Hulst revealed that “Back then, we wanted to show that the PS4 was the real deal. Laser-focused on gamers, with perfectly balanced hardware specs for developers…. that winning combination has led to a generation of incredible titles.”

To log into My PlayStation, users can visit the official site here. My PlayStation works with most major web browsers on Windows 10, MacOS 10, iOS 10 or above, and Android 5 or above. Sony will keep improving and add more features to My PlayStation on a regular basis.

Image Credit: Sony / PlayStation

Upcoming Releases

Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes is designed to bring players a modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Get ready to lead 100+ playable characters through a war-torn world only you can save.
Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X