pubg xbox one x

Ten Updates Later, PUBG on Xbox One Still Runs Poorly

When it was first announced that there was going to be a PUBG Xbox One X version, I was immediately worried about how the game would perform on console hardware. Sure, the Xbox One X is a powerful bit of kit, but PUBG struggles to run smoothly on even the most powerful PCs. Not to mention the fact that PUBG was also coming to the standard Xbox One, which seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.

Fast forward ten updates, and PUBG is now in a fairly playable state, across all available platforms. Now, when I say “playable,” I mean that it’s not so choppy or laggy as to force me to quit. Dips below 30fps are always going to impact enjoyment, however, and there’s a long way to go before the game is deemed stable, and the experience consistent.

The folks over at DigitalFoundry have done their usual performance analysis of the latest PUBG Xbox One and Xbox One X Game Preview builds, taking an in-depth look at the current state of the game. The full 11-minute video can be found embedded below, but in a nutshell, the news isn’t good. Performance across both systems is still awful during the first few minutes of the game, with dips down to 10-15fps.

It isn’t just a case of the Xbox One X, with its vastly more powerful hardware, offering the best experience, as the base-level Xbox One sometimes outperforms it. DF puts it down to background streaming issues causing significant drops in performance. Frame-time issues during gunfights are also highlighted.

Upcoming Releases

Eve and her comrades land on the surface to reclaim the extinct Earth and cross paths with a survivor named Adam. Eve is then led by Adam to the last surviving city, Xion, where she meets the elder of the town Orcal and is told many stories. In order to serve her mission to save Earth, Eve develops close relationships…
Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.
The sequel to the award winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Senua returns in a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Intent on saving those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, Senua faces a battle of overcoming the darkness within and without.

Reviews

9 SCUF Reflex Review
SCUF is the brand that comes to mind for most people when it comes to custom gaming controllers. It’s been…
X