Update: I was unfortunately not aware of Shamus Young's severe criticism of Fallout 3 available here to link in the original piece and I regret that. It dovetails rather nicely with what I've written and it's much better executed than my piece. I strongly recommend anyone...
Deep below the ocean an underwater civilization is fighting to survive the dual threat of deadly enemies and the impending destruction of their landscape. As a private in the Defence Force you take on dangerous missions to:
* Seek out and destroy your enemies
* Perform reconnaissance into uncharted waters
* Rescue damaged craft & installations
* Orchestrate the repair and strategic defense of mining installations
* Herd great schools of fish
* Discover, explore anduncover the secrets of each land
Meanwhile droids and drones, under your direction, scuttle around busily maintaining and repairing the slowly crumbling city. Your ultimate objective? The construction of a giant mothership, that will transport your civilization safely away from these hostile waters. Deep Fighter combines elements of furious 3D dog-fighting, challenging exploration and puzzle solving in true 3D environments that provide an abundance of natural cover, obstacles and enemies.