Sega recreated eight of their 16-bit games for the 3DS in Japan, and at the time, there was no inkling that the games would travel across the Pacific (as is very typical). Sega confirmed today that all 8 will go West, released two at a time starting at the end of November.
"These games were completely re-built to offer a robust 3D experience that offers more modern gameplay while still keeping true to the original", wrote Jon Cheng, Sega America president and COO. "We look forward to bringing these classic SEGA titles to Nintendo 3DS for fans both old and new."
Each game will cost $5.99/€4.99/£4.49 and can be downloaded from the 3DS eShop.
Below is a list of the games and their dates of release.
- 3D Space Harrier – November 28
- 3D Super Hang-On – November 28
- 3D Sonic The Hedgehog – December 5
- 3D Altered Beast – December 5
- 3D Ecco the Dolphin – December 12
- 3D Galaxy Force II – December 12
- 3D Shinobi III – December 19
- 3D Streets of Rage – December 19