- Related Games:
- Mortal Kombat X
A new generation of Mortal Kombat is upon us. Mortal Kombat X is arriving this Tuesday, and it's just as violent as you're hoping for, but brings with it bold new mechanics. Those new mechanics are backed by a sizable fighter list which includes eight combatants never before seen in the Mortal Kombat universe.
So, who are these new fighters? Below we'll introduce you to each and give you the basic rundown of each so you can become acquainted with the squad before you get into scuffles with them.
Daughter of Mortal Kombat veteran Johnny Cage, Cassie is a confident fighter looking to make a mark in history with Raiden as her mentor.
Style: Cassie employs realistic, police force weapons and equipment such as flares and pistols. She chews bubble gum, captures selfies, and takes names. She is most similar to Sonya Blade, but has a little more spirit.
- Brawler – Gains Air Power Slam and Take Down.
- Hollywood – Gains Air Akimbo and Nut Kracker.
- Spec Ops - Gains Air Assault and The American Way.
Serving Outworld emperor Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah bears insectoid qualities with four wings and hard skin. While she may appear dark and evil, she is in-fact Neutral aligned.
Style: D'Vorah's uses her wings, pincers, and stingers to deal brutal damage. She can also summon a swarm of wasps to do her bidding. It goes without saying that she's frightening to go toe-to-toe against.
- Brood Mother – Gains Krawler and Bug Blast.
- Swarm Queen – Gains Vortex Swarm and Wasp Grenade.
- Venomous – Gains Bug Burst and Ovipostior based attacks poison the opponent.
Erron Black is Mortal Kombat's resident John Marston (Red Dead Redemption). He's a class act with quick-drawing revolver skills, leather boots, and a classy demeanor.
Style: Erron is a master of revolvers, rifles, and grenades—yes, grenades. He uses both along with some flashy Cowboy skills to impress as he kills.
- Gunslinger – Gains Standoff Stance and multiple trick shots with revolvers.
- Marksman – Gains unique Special Attacks utilizing a Long Rifle.
- Outlaw – Gains unique attacks utilizing a salvaged Tarkatan Arm Blade.
Ferra & Torr
Why fight alone? That's the mentality that Ferra & Torr live by, being the only "fighter" in Mortal Kombat X to bring two along for the ride. They do so for the Kotal Kahn and the Outworld empire, a faction they have proven their loyalty to.
Style: Ferra & Torr work in tandem to deliver carnage. Torr is the big fellow, capable of brute force, while Ferra is the little lady on Torr's back who likes shredding enemies apart with claws.
- Lackey – Torr fights solo (with an enhanced moveset) as Ferra watches from the sidelines.
- Ruthless – Gains Pain and Gain ability which increases Torr's damage output.
- Vicious – Gains The Boss Toss, Little Kutter, and increased Ferra Damage.
Also known as Jacqueline, Jacqui Briggs is the daughter of Jax. Similar to Cassie Cage she is confident, well-trained, and ready to administer punishment to anyone who doubts the fighting potential of the female gender.
Style: Jacqui is a top-tier boxer in her home world, capable of delivering heavy hits with her fists. She also knows how to grapple and use powerful weaponry, allowing her to deal with even the most fortified opponents.
- Full Auto – Gains long range Machine Gun and Rocket attacks
- High Tech – Gains short range Plasma Blast and Plasma Gauntlet Buff
- Shotgun – Gains medium range Shotgun Blast and Low Shotgun Blast
Kotal Kahn serves as the Emperor of the Outworld. He is strong in faith, owing his existence to the Aztec gods. He is adorned with one of a kind religious relics.
Style: Kotal Kahn has impressive strength, capable of crushing enemies with his arms. He can also call up on the power of the Aztec god Huichilopoztli.
- Blood God – Gains Crystal, Obsidian and Blood Totems.
- Sun God – Gains Sun God Choke and Soul Scorch.
- War God – Gains Macuahuitl based special moves.
Similar to now deceased cousin Kung Lao, Kung Jin is a member of the Shaolin monks. Armed with a bow and arrow that also serves as a staff for melee combat, as well as master-level martial arts skills, Kung Jin seeks to continue the good work of his cousin alongside Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, and Takeda Takahashi.
Style: Kung Jin uses his bow and arrow to strike from afar, and then swipes with the bow when foes move into melee range. He's highly mobile, allowing him to perform flashy Fatalities that incorporate his bow and arrow.
- Buzz Saw – Gains unique attacks utilizing Kung Lao's hat.
- Hat Trick – Allows for multiple traps and combo-openers involving the hat.
- Tempest – Gains the ability to use the hat as a shield as well as unique spinning and kick attacks.
Hailing from Thailand, Takeda Takahashi is on a journey for revenge for his mother's murder. While he may be extremely competent in martial arts, capable of overwhelming foes with his agility and precise attacks, he has a great sense of humor.
Style: Takeda is fast, using agility to make up for his lack of size. He is equipped with a whip that can trip foes and slash them with high velocity.
- Ronin – Adds unique attacks utilizing dual Pulse Blades.
- Shirai Ryu – Adds Shirai Ryu inspired attacks, such as Quick Phase.
- Lasher – Adds attacks utilizing Charged Energy Whips.