Results of Collecting Challenge Points:
Shadows of the Empire
Collect all the challenge points on the Easy setting and during the game hold down the camera button for five seconds and you get the Leebo Scanner
Collect all the challenge points on the Medium setting and during the SkyHook Battle stage hold down the camera button for five seconds and you can fly as an X-WING. Hold down the button for another five seconds and you can fly as a TIE Fighter. If you hold down the button for another five seconds after that, you'll go back to the Outrider.
Collect all challenge points on Hard setting and you get invincibility for 30 seconds and start with all weapons.
Collect all challenge points on Jedi setting and the Wampas in the "Escape from Echo Base" stage will follow you and attack your enemies.
See the Ending Credits:
This trick to see the ending credits without completing the game is very easy to do (it should also pave the way for even more tricks.) All you have to do is enter your name as _Credits (it must be exactly like that because it's case-sensitive) and pick any level to play. Instead of going to that level, the game will show you the ending credits. The ending credits are certainly surprising to say the least. Who knows who or what just may be in these particular credits.
X-Wing and TIE fighter:
On any difficulty, in the second part of the Skyhook battle, pause the game and hold R, L, Z, Left on the pad, C left, C down, and C right. While holding these buttons, press up or down to select the different vehicles. The TIE fighter does not have missiles, but the X-Wing does.
Lose the Swoop Gang:
In the Mos Eisley and Beggars Canyon level (the Swoop Gang level). Kill the first Swoop thug (do it quickly). Then, keep speeding across the level while staying in front of the Swoop thug that's with you at that time (the 2nd one). Keep doing this until you reach a point in the level, after the 2nd tunnel in Mos Eisley. At this point, the entire Swoop Gang will come to a halt and let you pass them. This is very useful, especially in Jedi mode. They will eventually speed up again, but very gradually. If you're a decent player, you can reach luke before the Swoop Gang even gets to him.
Here's how to invoke this difficult, and rather obscure, code:
1. As with other cheats, use a game where the player's name is "_Wampa__Stompa" (the underscores are spaces). Remember, there is ONE space before Wampa and TWO spaces between Wampa and Stompa. Also, the W in Wampa and the S in Stompa must be capitalized.
2. Begin playing on any level of the game, and pause the game.
3. Hold down ALL of the following: all C Buttons, Z, L, R, and Control Pad Left.
4. While holding all of those down, push the Analog Control Stick HALFWAY to the left, and hold it until you hear a "donk" sound (about five seconds).
5. Repeat, but hold the Control Stick halfway to the right, waiting until you hear the "donk" sound.
6. Repeat again to the left, again to the right, and again to the left.
7. Pink text should appear at the top of the screen. Use L and R to change options. Some options require pushing the Control Stick Up and Down to change. Press A to activate them.
8. To get the cheat menu back, pause the game, then hold down all the buttons used in Step 3 above and move the Control Stick Left or Right.
Note: Using these options might get you stuck in the game. Weird stuff WILL happen.
To play as other characters, you must first:
- Name a new file "_Wampa__Stompa". Note that "_" is a space and that there are two spaces between "Wampa" and "Stompa"
- When the game has started, pause the game. Go to the options menu and choose "control". For the trick to work, you must put your controller setting to "traditional".
Control an AT-ST:
To control an AT-ST in the Battle of Hoth, play through the level until the AT-STs appear. Press Left on the Control Pad (not the Analog Pad)and the right C Button simultaneously and then pres Up on the Pad. Now scroll through the game views to find the AT-ST. Use the Pad to steer and Up on the Pad to fire. In the meantime, your Snowspeeder is still flying. You can control it by the Analog Pad but you don't know where it is.
Become a Wampa
: To become a Wampa, you must be playing at least on the Medium degree of difficulty. In The Escape from Echo Base, press Left on the Control Pad and the right C Button simultaneously and then press Up on the Pad. You can scroll through the views to play as either Dash or the Wampa.
Become a Snowtrooper:
To become a snowtrooper in Echo Base press Right on the Control Pad and the right C Button simultaneously and then Up on the Pad. Once again switch views to become either the snowtrooper or Dash.
You can also become a trooper on Gall Spaceport, Imperial Freighter Suprosa, Sewers of Imperial City, and Xixor's Palace by using the same technique as above.
. Make a new slot and type R_Testers_ROCK for your name (must be exactly the same because it's case-sensitive). Now whenever you're in a menu (selecting a stage or the pause menu), Wampas will continuously roar in the background. As you'll see, this code is kinda useless but it works.:)
Thanks to Revolution readers Magus, Fabian Flechas, Darren & Justin Brown, Jose Zuniga, drill 125, Tom Loewen, Pianojames, Jeff and SPAWN!