Many a fire has cut a fledgling family’s lives short in The Sims 4. Learning how to put out a fire in Sims 4 is crucial if you want your Sims to live and prosper. Things aren’t helped by the fact that when most Sims see the fire, they freak out and end up standing in place and are burned to a crisp. Below we’ll tell you all the ways fires can start in Sims 4, how to put them out, and how to prevent them from happening in the first place.
How to Put Out a Fire in Sims 4
There are no firefighter NPCs you can call in The Sims 4 to come save your Sims, so putting out a fire is up to you. There are two ways for you to put out a fire in Sims 4, but if you’re just starting out the game, you’ll likely only have access to the first one: a fire extinguisher.
Only adult Sims can put fires out, so you better hope one is home when one starts. To extinguish a fire, you need to select a Sim then click on the tile that’s on fire, and you’ll get the option to extinguish it. With some luck, your Sim can put out the fire, and everything will be okay.
There is a chance your Sim can catch fire if they’re standing near the flames. If this happens, you can select them and have them take a shower. This will put the fire out and save them from dying.
If you have the Sims 4: Get to Work expansion pack you can build an item that puts out fires faster than a regular fire extinguisher. You can have your Sim work in the science laboratory to invent the Sim Ray. Once of the Sim Ray’s functions is that it can put out fires instantly.
- Buy The Sims 4 – Get Famous Expansion for $39.99
- Buy The Sims 4 – Island Living Expansion for $39.99
- Buy The Sims 4 – Discover University Expansion for $39.99
How to Put Out a Fire With Cheats in Sims 4
It doesn’t appear like there’s a cheat that will extinguish fires instantly in The Sims 4, but there is one that will help prevent future fires. If you activate the cheat menu and type
fire.toggle ("true" to turn on fires/"false" to turn them off) you can turn the ability for fires to start off and on at will.
What Can Cause a Fire in Sims 4?
The Sims has come a long way since the first game where it seemed like every time your Sim cooked the house wanted to catch on fire. Many of the same things that would start a fire in previous games still do in The Sims 4, but there are some new actions you’ll want to watch out for lest you set your Sims ablaze.
Things that can start a fire in The Sims 4:
- A Sim with low cooking skill using a cheap stove.
- Having rugs or wood objects near a lit incense holder.
- Having any objects near a campfire.
- Having a Sim with low rocket science, skill use the rocketship.
- Stuffing fruit into the exhaust of the rocketship will cause a crash and fire.
- Using the transformation ray may catch an object on fire instead of transforming it.
- Failing the mixology bar Bottle Fireball bar trick.
- Using fireworks indoors.
- If a child Sim uses the Science table too long it may start a fire.
- If you smash a pumpkin that’s on fire.
- If your Sim uses the Rose Perfume serum, they may catch on fire.
- If you use the DJ booth too long, it may catch fire.
How Can I Prevent Fires in The Sims 4?
The best way to handle fires in The Sims (and real-life) is if they don’t have a chance to start at all. The best way to protect against fires in the game is to install a sprinkler system in your building. When a fire starts, the sprinklers will kick in and put it out before it has time to spread and do damage.
In conjunction with sprinklers, you should put up some fire alarms as well. These alarms will wake your Sims up in case of a fire and allow them to escape or take action as necessary.
For more on The Sims 4 and other great games, check out our guide section.
GameRevolution is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.