Fortnite Blitz Mode V2 is now available as a new limited time mode. The Blitz V2 game type was added with the Fortnite 4.3 patch. As we’ve seen with other “V2” limited game type variants, this new edition comes with some tweaks and additions to try and make the mode more fun for players. If you want to give the Fortnite Blitz Mode V2 a go, be sure to jump in as soon as possible, as these limited time modes don’t hang around for long. Here’s what you need to know about Fortnite Blitz Mode V2.
Fortnite Blitz Mode V2: What’s New?
Fortnite Blitz Mode V2 is still fun and frantic, forcing players to rush to collect loot and fight. The storms close in faster and there’s a lot more rare loot on offer. This is a fantastic mode for getting into the action quickly, and there’s very little downtime between battles.
New changes introduced into Fortnite Blitz Mode V2 include all of the new weapons and items that have come out since the original mode was featured. These include the Port-a-Fort, Clinger, LMG, and more. What’s more, the bus flight height has been lowered, meaning players have less distance to fall. This will make for less time falling and more time fighting!
Fortnite Blitz Mode V2: The Rules
As with most of the limited time modes, Fortnite Blitz Mode V2 comes with its own set of rules and modifiers. You can see what exactly you’ll be up against in the mode details below.
- The storm is already closing in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on ground from 30 to 75 per instance.
- Increased the number, spawn rate & descent speed of Supply Drops.
- All stats are counted in this mode.
Honestly, Fortnite Blitz Mode V2 is one of the best limited time modes that Epic Games has featured. It’s a great way to keep the fight going, with very little breaks in the action. It’s fantastic for veterans who can go on crazy kill streaks, and newcomers will appreciate the ability to “git gud” at a faster pace.
[via Epic Games]