Nintendo and Monolith Soft sure are bringing the goodies when it comes to the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 1.51 update. Those who have the Expansion Pass will, inevitably, get the lion’s share of the new content coming your way as of July 27 with the addition of new quests and the Crossette Blade, but there’s plenty to get excited about for everyone else, too, as a host of fixes and additions have been added to the game.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 1.51 Update: New Features
There’s enough here to get your teeth stuck into and, feasibly, extend the game’s lifespan by another dozen or so hours. The fourth (and final) pack of DLC quests are now available to those who own the Expansion Pass, as is the ability to get your hands on the Crossette Blade, a fire-element weapon that could provide a real spark to your party’s lineup. Head to Argentum’s Inn after redeeming to unlock the Blade.
Two new difficulty levels have also been implemented. Bringer of Chaos is your standard Hard mode, while Custom mode allows for several parameters to be tweaked to provide the optimal challenge for you in your trails through Alrest.
Finally, the Attack of the Aspar Challenge Battle has had its difficulty downgraded somewhat.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 1.51 Update: How to Download
To download the 1.51 update, you simply have to launch Xenoblade Chronicles 2 from the Switch Home menu and the patch will install automatically. Restart the game and check the game’s main menu. You should see a number (hopefully, 1.51) that reflects the game’s current version.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 1.51 Update: Full Patch Notes
You can read the full patch notes here, though these are the main aspects to be aware of:
- The ability to acquire the Rare Blade, Crossette is now available via the Expansion Pass.
- A core crystal is available that will guarantee bonding with Crossette. Crossette possesses the following characteristics:
- Weapon type: Ball
- Element: Fire
- Role: Recovery Crossette
- The fourth and final round of DLC quests is now available via the Expansion Pass.
- The difficulty levels “Bringer of Chaos” and “Custom” have been added to the game options as a means of supporting your adventures in the Expansion Pass content.
- With the difficulty level set to “Custom,” a maximum of 10 parameters related to battle such as enemy attack power and max HP and Party Gauge Gains can be adjusted as you see fit.
- Selecting the default settings when using “Custom” difficulty will be equivalent to playing at the Normal difficulty level.
- These additional difficulty levels are not available when selecting difficulty for a New Game. After beginning the game, they will be available in the game options under “New Difficulty Levels.”