The Fortnite 5.21 update patch notes are now live and ready for all eager players to read! The new Fortnite update makes a fair few tweaks to the game, despite its X.X1 number. Players will see changes in both the Battle Royale and Save the World components. Happily, there won’t be any downtime for this patch. However, the game client may need to be restarted in order for the changes to be seen in-game.
Fortnite 5.21 Update Patch Notes
Highlights of the Fortnite 5.21 update patch notes include the new heavy sniper rifle, which “deliver[s] devasting damage to enemies and even more to structures.”
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Fortnite heavy sniper rifle:
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
There are two new Fortnite limited time modes for players to enjoy: Soaring 50’s and the returning Sniper Shootout. The former is “a twist on the traditional 50v50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility.” Gliders can now be redeployed when falling from large heights, and players will be granted additional impulse grenades, bounce pads, and launch pads.
New to the Sniper Shootout limited time mode is the heavy sniper rifle, which should make encounters a lot more interesting. The scoped assault rifle has now been removed, meaning all players will have to master bullets affected by travel speed and distance.
Save the World 5.21 changes include the hero Thora. She arrives to lure husks into traps and control areas when things get critical. Thora will be made available on August 15.
[via Epic Games]