A brand-new NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Halloween update has gone live today. The spookily timed update brings with it plenty of improvements and fixes to the game alongside Halloween themed content. What’s new in the NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Halloween patch? Does it cost anything? What does it fix? Find out all of this, and more, below.
NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Halloween Update – What’s New?
As you can see in the trailer above, plenty of new content has been added to NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 as part of the Halloween update. While the majority of it gives the game a spooky Halloween theme, more has been added on top of all the skins, courts, and the like in the trailer above. The full list of new content in NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 added via the Halloween update can be found below:
- A brand-new Halloween themed Playground, with pumpkin flavored basketballs.
- A whole host of Halloween outfits, which can be unlocked via Swag Packs.
- The Ankle Breaker: a new Lottery Pick.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar can now be unlocked.
NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Halloween Update – Patch Notes
Alongside the brand-new content hitting NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, the Halloween update also brings with it plenty of fixes and gameplay improvements. Saber Interactive (the game’s developer) has based these updates on player feedback and its own findings. The full patch notes are as follows:
- The game’s balance has been improved, making adjustments (both reducing and increasing) to all players in these stats where needed:
- Blocking rates
- Three-pointer percentages
- Issues with lag have been improved.
- AI has been improved.
- The Shot Meter has been fixed.
- Legendary and Epic players shooting and dunking moves glitch has been fixed.
- This includes the likes of Michael Jordan and Steph Curry
NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Halloween Update – How Much Does it Cost?
Despite featuring a bumper crop of brand-new content, fixes, and more, the NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Halloween patch can be downloaded on all platforms completely free of charge. All you need to do is head onto the game’s page on whatever console you own and choose “check for updates.” It should now start downloading the spooky Halloween update. You can also choose to simply play the game, upon which you’ll be told that there is an update waiting to download.
Unfortunately, however, the Halloween update is not yet live on Nintendo Switch. On the PS4, Xbox One, and PC, you can download and enjoy the new free update right now. 2K has simply said that it will come to the Switch “at a later date,” which at this point will likely mean after Halloween.
What’s more, 2K and Saber Interactive have confirmed that the Halloween update is just the first of many free content updates for NBA 2K Playgrounds 2. Perhaps we’ll see a Christmas one at the end of the year?