The Division 2 1.03 update patch notes have now been shared by developer Massive Entertainment. The new The Division update goes live today, March 14, with an expected downtime maintenance period lasting up to 12:30 PM CET/7:30 AM EST/4:30 AM PST. If all goes as planned, that is when The Division 2 will be back online. Up until that point, the MIKE-01 error will continue to show if any attempt to connect to the servers is made. The new patch is being rolled out across PC, PS4, and Xbox One. New changes impact weapons, missions, PC-specific issues, and more.
The Division 2 1.03 update patch notes highlights
A new The Division 2 1.03 update has been rolled out ahead of the March 15 launch date. This makes some last-minute changes to the game before it is finally released amongst gamers who didn’t opt for the early access editions of the game.
The Division 2 1.03 update makes some changes to weapons, with an unfinished work-in-progress gun being removed. Crossbows have been given a buff, dealing more explosive damage to multiple objects. Exotic weapons that are equipped with silencers will now emit the correct sound. Finally, NPCs that are in combat will now react to grenades in a realistic way.
The Beekeeper Jeff side mission, which players had been having issues with, has now seen a fix. This is in addition to changes made to Castle, which could previously be unlocked prematurely. What’s more, a loot exploit that involved farming a boss has now been fixed.
Following the new update, PC players should hopefully experience fewer issues when interacting with each other. FreeSync 2 HDR has also been tweaked to be properly selectable.
The Division 2 1.03 update patch notes list
- We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
- Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
- Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
- NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.
- The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
- Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
- Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
- In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.
- PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
- On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in game regardless of your PC’s configuration.
- Stopped “SHD CPU V.2” and “Cyclone Magazine” skill mods from dropping as loot. Player’s who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
- Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
- We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
- Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.