The latest update is making its way to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and it is bringing new features, improvements, and bug fixes with it. The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 1.2.0 update will go live in the game on April 4 across all platforms. The 1.2.0 update will be just under or just over 4GB depending on your gaming platform. Below, we have highlighted some of the main changes that are coming with the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 1.2.0 patch. Additionally, we have included the complete list of patch notes so that you can see every last thing!
What’s new with the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 1.2.0 update?
Features and Improvements
There aren’t many major updates here, just a few things that are worth mentioning. For starters, The Lost Tales of Greece quests are now highlighted in the quest log, making them easier to identify. In this instance, the biggest addition to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is the custom gear loadouts feature. Players can now quickly assign and swap weapons and gear directly from their loadouts, saving them a bit of time.
One important bug fix in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 1.2.0 update involves The Lost Tales of Greece story. There was an issue causing Thyia to be M.I.A. when interacting with the Magistrate in Phokis in Daughters of Lalaia. This issue has now been fixed. In addition, an issue was patched in the New Game+ mode that would cause players to get stuck in the Forge. They also addressed an issue that was causing players to lose their items in New Game+ after they looted the same item with a higher level. There are tons of other bugs that were addressed and fixed in the 1.2.0 update, and they are all listed down below if you want to see them.
Content wise, the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 1.2.0 update didn’t do much. It mostly just laid the ground work for future content updates. For example, it added in-game support for Fields of Elysium, which is the first episode of The Fate of Atlantis that will be released on April 23. Additionally, it added in-game support for the upcoming Lost Tales of Greece quests.
Complete Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 1.2.0 update patch notes
- Xbox One: 4.1 GB
- PlayStation®4 system: 4.4 GB
- PC: 3.9 GB
Warning: Please note that these release notes contain major story spoilers.
EPISODE 1 – FIELDS OF ELYSIUM – THE FATE OF ATLANTIS
- Added in-game support for Fields of Elysium.
- Note: The first episode of The Fate of Atlantis will be released on April 23.
Lost Tales of Greece
- Added in-game support for upcoming Lost Tales of Greece.
Features and Improvements
- New! Lost Tales of Greece are now highlighted in the Quests log.
- New! Added Custom Gear Loadouts feature.
- The Legendary sword, Prometheus’ Sika, now has a warrior engraving as intended.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Primary attributes from upgrading.
- Players will now take damage when the oxygen bar is depleted.
- Players can now change the resolution modifier by increments of 10%.
- The newly added Viewpoints with TU1.1.4 will now be automatically completed when the region was discovered already.
- [PC] Added support for MSI Mystic Light.
DLC – Legacy of the First Blade
- Addressed a visual issue with the reward for looting the three letters in The Last Magi.
- Addressed an issue in Smoke and Fury where a Persian NPC wouldn’t participate in combat.
Lost Tales of Greece
- Addressed an issue in Daughters of Lalaia where Thyia could sometimes be MIA in the cinematic when interacting with the Magistrate in Phokis.
- Untracked Lost Tales of Greece quests will now appear blue instead of white.
- Addressed an issue in New Game+ where players sometimes could become stuck in the Forge.
- Uncollected Orichalcum nodes are now present in the world in New Game+.
- Addressed an issue where players could lose their items in New Game+ upon looting the same item with a higher level.
- Legendary Upgrade in New Game+ will no longer make the item higher level than the player.
- Addressed an issue where A Friend Worth Dying For couldn’t be started in New Game+.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Myrrine from reaching her destination.
- Addressed various quest progression issues upon killing and confirming the kill of various NPCs.
- Addressed an issue where snakes wouldn’t be inside the bathhouse in Enough Is Enough. Enough Hiss Enough.
- Addressed an issue in Moving On where the quest would be completed when the requirements weren’t met.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t upgrade their spear at the forge.
- Addressed an issue in Paint It Red where the quest markers would sometimes disappear before reaching the destination.
- Addressed an issue where The City That Cried Wolf couldn’t be completed as the wolves wouldn’t spawn. Where-wolf?
- Addressed an issue in Bare It All where players couldn’t loot the Amulet.
- Addressed an issue where players were missing the sub-quest Speak No Evil.
- Addressed an issue in The Doctor Will See You Now where players couldn’t process with the quest after getting the forceps.
- Addressed an issue where Nikolaos will have a different hairstyle after the conquest battle in The Last Fight of Aristaeus.
- Addressed an issue where players were missing all main story quests after a loaded game save.
- Addressed an issue in Throw the Dice where the quest items could sometimes be missing at the intended locations.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t interact with the Sphinx or complete the quest Lore of the Sphinx.
- Addressed several issues where NPCs could sometimes die after a cut scene. A bit too dramatic don’t you think?
- Addressed an issue where the Eagle Bearer in Would the Real Eagle Bearer Please Stand Up can be killed by the player before speaking with him. Say that again but slowly?
- Addressed an issue in Ashes to Ashes that prevented players from completing the quest.
- Herodotos will no longer slide right after the dialogue is finished in Regrets.
Character and AI
- Addressed several behavior issues with Lieutenants once they have been assigned to the Adrestia.
Adrestia and Naval
- Addressed an issue where enemy ships could exceed Level 99.
- Addressed an issue that caused Athena/Octopus’ bows to be missing.
Graphics, Animations, and Audio
- Addressed some graphical issues that occurred in various regions.
- Addressed various lighting issues.
- Addressed various gear texture issues.
- Improved an animation when activating Rapid Fire while crouched.
- Addressed an animation issue with the Fury of the Bloodline ability when attacked by another NPC.
- [PC] Addressed an issue where the game looked washed out with FreeSync 2 enabled on HDR monitors.
Abilities, Perks, and Engravings
- Increased the invulnerability window at the end of Fury of the Bloodline.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t use combat and melee special abilities under certain circumstances.
- Elemental resistance now works as intended and provides bonuses to the player based on the total value.
- Hephaistos’ Workshop Tier S2 20% discount is now applied properly.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Crit Chance at full health perk to not work as intended with overpower attacks.
User Interface, Menu, and Subtitles
- Addressed various localization issues.
- Addressed various UI/HUD display issues.
- Addressed various lip sync issues.
- Addressed an issue with the Transmog System where the hidden item slot wasn’t working as intended under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue with the Sceptre of Samothrace where its visual wouldn’t be available as a Transmog option.
- Addressed an issue where Aya’s lieutenant would be missing a legendary perk after Title Update 1.1.4.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a double fade when accessing the Engraving section of a blacksmith.
- Addressed an issue where fast travel was grayed out.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Level 99 pop-up to display a wrong message.
- Addressed an issue where the Olouros Fortress location is not marked as completed.
- Addressed an issue where Tomb locations wouldn’t be marked as completed upon activating the Stele.
- The Pond of Tainaros is now marked as a Historical Point of Interest.
- Addressed an issue where unused ability points could be missing after Title Update 1.1.4.
- Addressed an issue that could occur when scrolling rapidly between Mercenary tiers.
- [PS4TM system] Addressed an issue where PlayStation®Vita system controls overlap with the ability menu.
- [PC] Addressed an issue where the Skip button during cut scenes has Controller feedback while using M&K.
- [PC] Addressed an issue with the Benchmark tool where the Adaptive Quality option didn’t function.
- [PC] Addressed an issue with the HDR option that would be displayed as off while activating after changing graphics settings.