With six classes to choose from in World War Z, finding the right fit for your playstyle is important. The Gunslinger class is all about guns, frag grenades, and just all-around dealing mayhem to the zombie swarms taking over the various locations you’ll visit. If you’re trying to find out more about the Gunslinger Skills, then we can help. We’ll also show you some of the best combinations you can put together for Gunslinger builds.
World War Z Gunslinger Skills
The Gunslinger class is by far the most traditional third-person shooter class you’ll find available in World War Z. Most of the skills here are very offensive-based, with the Gunslinger class acting as one of the primary offense classes in the game. There are an assortment of Gunslinger Skills for players to make use of. Like the other classes in World War Z, the Gunslinger has four Core Perks for players to make use of as well. These include:
- Gimme a Reason – Start with a Frag Grenade and Compact SMG. Movement has no effect on weapon accuracy, recoil effect also reduced.
- Seek and Destroy – All active special zombies within a radius of 20 meters will be automatically marked.
- My Bad – Friendly fire damage to your teammates reduced by 50%.
- War Face – Killing 25 zombies in rapid succession grants 50% firearm damage boost to entire team for 20 seconds.
While you’ll only be able to have one of the skills above active at any given time, there are various other skills you can make use of. We’ve outlined all the Gunslinger Skills below:
- Gimme A Reason – Start with a frag grenade and compact SMG. Movement has no effect on weapon accuracy, recoil effect also reduced. Available at start.
- Fire In The Hole – Frag Grenades Can Kill 25% more targets. Unlocks at Level 1.
- Impact Grenade – Frag grenades explode on impact. Available at Level 2.
- Power Nap – Unequipped weapons automatically reload after 10 seconds. Can be purchased at Level 3.
- Swapping Mags – Reload speed increased by 25% on all weapons. Unlockable at Level 4.
- Front line Supply – Head-shots made with primary or secondary automatically restores 5% rounds to the magazine. Can be unlocked starting at Level 5.
- Adrenaline – Reloading a weapon with less than 25% ammo in the magazine provides a 50% reload speed boost for 5 seconds. Available to purchase at Level 6.
- Heavy Metal – Starts with improved MAGS machine gun that deals 25% more damage and has 25% more ammo. All MAGS Machinegun pickups improved. Can be purchased at Level 7.
- Gunner – Start with sporting carbine PAC-15. Unlocks for purchase at Level 8.
- This is My Rifle – Start with the ARK-103 Assault Rifle. Available to purchase at Level 9.
- Seek and Destroy – All active special zombies within a radius of 20 meter will be automatically marked. Unlocks at Level 10.
- Bounty Hunter – Deal 25% more damage to special zombies. Available at Level 11.
- Wheatgrass – Health increased by 25%. Unlocks at Level 12.
- Sleight of Hands – Switch weapons 50% faster. Can be purchased at Level 13.
- Gun Fanatic – Draining primary and then secondary weapons magazines automatically reloads primary weapon. Available to purchase at Level 14.
- Last Resort – While both primary and secondary weapon magazines are dry you can do two more melee strikes without fatigue and damage 1 more target with each melee strike. Can be purchased and equipped at Level 15.
- Rage Mode – When pinned down you will automatically rise up and push your attacker back (does not affect special zombies). Unlocks at Level 16.
- Welcoming Committee – Stationary machine gun ammo increased by 25% for all teammates. Available at Level 17.
- Start with a S890 shorty in your secondary weapon slot. Can be purchased at Level 18.
- Senjata – Start with a Senjata PDW in your secondary weapon slot. Unlockable at Level 19.
- My Bad – Friendly fire damage reduced by 50%. Purchasable at Level 20.
- Deep Pocket – Carried ammo capacity for Primary and secondary weapons increased by 25%. Available to unlock at Level 21.
- Desperado – Pistol damage increased by 25%. Unlocks at Level 22.
- Free refill – restore 1% of primary weapon ammo for each kill made with equipment. Available to purchase at Level 23.
- Work Bell – Max Number of frag grenades increased to 3. Can be purchased at Level 24.
- Executioner – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 25% chance to refill one equipment charge. Unlockable at Level 25.
- Eagle Eye – 50% chance to refill one frag grenade by killing special zombies with headshots. Available to purchase at Level 26.
- Annihilator – Primary, secondary, and heavy deal 15% more damage. Purchasable at Level 27.
- Switcheroo – switching between primary and secondary weapons increases firearm damage by 25% for 3 seconds. Available to unlock at Level 28.
- Thrifty – Reloading a weapon with less than 25% ammo in a magazine provides a 25% firearm damage boost for 5 seconds. Unlocks at Level 29.
- Warface – Killing 25 zombies in a rapid succession grants 50% firearm damage boost to the entire team for 20 seconds. Purchasable at Level 30.
World War Z Best Gunslinger Builds
All the Gunslinger Skills are focused around upping weapon damage and ammunition reserves, giving you plenty of firepower to take down the zombie swarms coming for your brains. Of course, not all skills are equal. If you want to make the most of this class, understanding some of the better skill combinations is going to be key.
When it comes to early skills, making use of Power Nap is important. This skill reloads your unequipped weapon after 10 seconds, making it easy to jump between weapons during huge swarms. Combine this will skills like Front Line Supply and This is My Rifle will allow you to start off with an ARK-103 Assault Rifle, as well as the ability to restore 5% of your rounds to the magazine when killing enemies with headshots.
Of course, as you progress, you’ll unlock skills like Wheatgrass, which increased your health by 25%. You can combine this Gunslinger Skill with Gun Fanatic, which automatically reloads your primary weapon’s magazine after you drain it and switch to your secondary. You can also equip this with a skill like Senjata, which will start you off with a Senjata PDW in your secondary weapon slot, giving you access to even more firepower at the start of a new mission.
While the Gunslinger builds that we’ve suggested above are definitely worth checking out, you’ll also find your best setup by experimenting and trying out each of the various Gunslinger skills to find what works best for you. If you’re interested in trying out another class, make sure you also check out our guide on the Exterminator Skills and builds.