The Exterminator class in World War Z is all about crowd control thanks to the class’ default focus on shotguns and Molotovs. If you’re making use of this class in-game, then you’re going to need to know all about the best Exterminator builds, as well as the best Exterminator Skills to look out for. We’ve outlined all the skills out below, as well as provided some insight on the best possible setups you can run to make the most of this class.
World War Z Exterminator Skills
Like the Medic class, the Exterminator class is made up of four Core Perks as well as a series of various skills that players can utilize. The Exterminator’s Core Perks include:
- Firestarter – Start with a Molotov and Shotgun. You deal 25% more damage to zombies during swarm attacks.
- Bandolier – Mortar and Stationary machinegun ammo capacity increased by 25% for all team. Durability of defenses increased by 25% for all team.
- Hollywood II – Explosive and fire damage dealt to yourself and your teammates reduced by 50%
- Daredevil – When there are more than 30 zombies in the area, firearm damage is increased by 25% and number of melee strikes before becoming fatigued is increased by 2.
As you can see from the Core Perks available in this class, the Exterminator class is heavily based on crowd control and keeping the zombie hordes at bay. Of course, this means this class also has a slew of additional skills to help back up these Core Perks.
- Pyromaniac – Molotov’s fire damage increased by 50%. Requires Level 1.
- Hangover – Molotovs burn 50% longer. Unlocks at Level 2.
- Crowd Control – Push radius from melee attacks increased by 50%. Available at Level 3.
- Rage Mode – When pinned down you will automatically rise up and push your attackers back (does not affect special zombies). Unlockable at Level 4.
- All Elbows – Movement speed penalty when zombies are very close reduced by 100%. Becomes available to purchase at Level 5.
- Rooted – The number of zombies required to pin you down is increased from 8 to 12. Unlocks at Level 6.
- Dragon Hide – Fire resistance increased by 90%. Available at Level 7.
- Heavy metal – Start with improved RPGL4 that deals 100% more damage. All RPGL4 pickups for you also improved. Unlocks at Level 8.
- Heavy Metal II – Start with improved Taiga-12 Heavy Assault Shotgun that deals 25% more damage and has 25% more ammo. All Taiga-12 Heavy Assault Shotgun pickups for you also improved. Unlockable at Level 9.
- Deep Pockets – Carried ammo capacity for primary and secondary weapons increased by 25%. Available at Level 11.
- Wheatgrass – Health increased by 25%. Available to purchase at Level 12.
- Rifleman – Start with ARK-103 Assault Rifle. Purchasable at Level 13.
- Green Fingered – Planting speed of Claymores is increased by 50%. Claymores can kill 25% more targets. Start with Claymore. Unlocks at Level 14.
- Fire Trap – Claymore explosions set fire to surrounding area. Star with Claymore. Can be purchased at Level 15.
- Combat Engineer – 20% chance to restore an expended Defense kit. Available at Level 16.
- Second Wind – 100% chance to regain 25% health and keep going instead of becoming incapacitated. Can be bought at Level 17.
- Job Satisfaction – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 100% chance to gain temporary health boost. Unlocks at Level 18.
- Cloak and Dagger – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession grants masking effect for 3 seconds. Can be purchased at Level 19.
- Broad Shoulders – Heavy weapon ammo capacity increased by 25%. Unlocks at Level 21.
- Bullet Rain – All fully automatic weapons’ reload speed increased by 25%. Available at Level 22.
- Third Hand – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession instantly reloads your primary weapon. Can be purchased at Level 23.
- Party at my place – Maximum Molotov capacity increased to 3 and Claymore capacity to 4. Unlockable at Level 24.
- Pickpocket – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 25% chance to refill one charge to your equipment. Available to unlock at Level 25.
- Thrifty – 15% chance of using the Claymore or Molotov without depleting an equipment charge. Can be purchased at Level 26.
- Know-how – Molotovs and Claymores can kill 25% more targets. Unlocks at Level 27.
- Hot sauce – Molotov’s splash damage increased by 50%. Purchasable at Level 28.
- Ghost – Automatically receive masking effect if you are the last of your team still standing (does not apply if you are incapacitated or pinned). Available at Level 29.
World War Z Best Exterminator Builds
As stated above, the Exterminator class is all about controlling the swarm and being able to take care of loads of zombies at once. That’s why you’ll want to choose skills that really amplify those abilities. For example, Exterminator skills like Crowd Control and Rage Mode make it much harder for zombies to pin you down. This in turn makes it much easier for you to deal with swarms, as they can’t simply pin you into place and keep you from moving.
Of course, there’s also something to be said for very offensive-based Exterminator skills. If you want to play more aggressive with the Exterminator, then you can also make use of skills like Second Wind and Bullet Rain. When combined with the Rifleman skill, you’ll be able to mow through waves of zombies without even stopping to think.
When it comes to Core Perks, though, choosing the right one for the job will be vital to your survival. Though it might take a bit to unlock, Daredevil offers a great way for aggressive players to make short work of massive swarms by giving them 25% increased firearm damage when there are more than 30 zombies in an area. Of course, getting to that level will take a bit, and the default Firestarter perk isn’t anything to scoff at, giving you access to a Shotgun and a Molotov as well as 25% more damage to zombies when they swarm.
Now that you have a better grasp of the Exterminator Skills as well as an idea of the kinds of builds possible with this class, you can dive right in and start exterminating zombie swarms with your friends.