The Ghost Recon Wildlands 1.28 update patch notes have now been shared by Ubisoft. This new Ghost Recon Wildlands patch introduces “Operation Oracle,” which includes a character played by Jon Bernthal. Two new missions await PC, PS4, and Xbox One players when they choose to download and install this free update. Completing these missions will unlock the Executioner CQC Finisher, in addition to the Walker Tattoo. (The Walker Icon Skin will be made available at a later date.) As you wait for the new patch today to install, why not scroll down and check out the full list of patch notes?
Ghost Recon Wildlands 1.28 Update Patch Notes Highlights
The main highlight of the Ghost Recon Wildlands 1.28 update patch notes is, of course, the two brand new missions that have been added to the game. Free for all players to enjoy, these new objectives will have players fighting alongside Major Cold D. Walker, a fellow Ghost Team Leader with his own agenda. He is portrayed by Jon Bernthal. Completing these two missions will earn two unique rewards: the Executioner CQC Finisher, which is enabled by equipping Walker’s bracelet; as well as the Walker Tattoo, which allows you to mirror the look of Bernthal’s character.
In addition to the free content update, Ubisoft is hosting a free weekend during May 2-5. This will be available across all supported platforms, so PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Also featured within the new update today is a bunch of PvE and General Fixes for the game’s Guerrilla Mode, in addition to fixes to the PvP game types. What’s more, bug fixes have been implemented across all platforms, with some extra, PC-specific solutions coming to those rocking personal computers. Changes to the Store have also been made.
Ghost Recon Wildlands 1.28 Update Patch Notes Full List
Welcome to Operation Oracle, Ghosts.
With this free update to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, starting on May 2, you will have access to two brand-new missions that will plunge you headfirst into a scenario that will challenge your perception of the truth.
You will be called by Bowman to extract a Skell Tech Engineer that has been arrested by Unidad. The asset has knowledge of sensitive US industrial secrets that must be protected.
There you will meet Major Cole D. Walker, a fellow Ghost Team Leader with his own agenda.
During Operation Oracle, you will uncover information that will redefine loyalty. Make sure you explore thoroughly, Ghosts.
What you will discover here might very well set the scene for the future.
HOW TO PLAY
If you have completed the first mission of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, Operation Oracle will be automatically equipped.
You will find the start of the operation in the province of Montuyoc, which is marked by a symbol on your TacMap.
Completing Operation Oracle will unlock two unique rewards to use in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Executioner CQC Finisher
Equip Walker’s bracelet to unlock a brutal new CQC finisher.
Get Walker’s Ghost tattoo for your arm.
Walker Icon Skin
You will be able to get this reward via the Ubisoft Club at a later date. We will share more information on how to unlock the Walker Icon Skin soon.
Invite your friends to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands free from May 2–5.
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
We’ve been following the feedback from our community regarding Guerrilla mode at the launch of Special Operation 4. We believe several issues were contributing to the difficulty, including errors with matchmaking and launching sessions without full squads.
Our team has taken care to address those issues, which we hope will help create a more balanced experience in Guerrilla mode.
• Improved Guerrilla mode’s matchmaking process, which launched sessions after a friend joined a player in Matchmaking search before four players were present.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the game would start without forming a full squad in public matchmaking.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the player would not be moved to the lobby after accepting an invitation.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the player would not win the Cosmetic Rewards if they left before the Victory Score screen.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where AI teammate’s customization would reset after entering a new session.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where you could unequip the mission.
• Fixed an audio issue in Guerrilla mode when the Game Lost Score screen is shown.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where vehicles with dead NPCs in them would not despawn at the end of a wave.
• Fixed an issue where the last NPC enemy of Guerrilla mode would despawn immediately after killing him.
• Improved replication issues present in Guerrilla mode during co-op sessions.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where a Game Over can be triggered without the timer being displayed.
• Fixed an issue where some skills bonuses could be canceled by changing the difficulty during a Guerrilla mode session.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where the shopkeeper’s subtitles and voice over would be cut off due to the ending screen.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where enemy alert levels would downgrade to Undetected / Suspicious under certain circumstances.
• Fixed an issue where all weapons and attachments bought in Guerrilla mode appeared as “New” in the main game afterward.
• Fixed an issue preventing to unlock Survivor pants and Survivor shirt cosmetic items in Ghost Mode after winning Guerrilla mode.
• Fixed an issue with the M110 Bullet Drop being too strong.
• Removed the requirement to complete Silent Spade and Snafu missions to unlock the Mission Master trophy.
• Fixed a localization issue where there was no spacing between Continue Campaign text for Asian localizations.
• [SILENT SPADE] Fixed an issue with Kozak where he would slide away when a user shoots him while he is giving his briefing.
• Fixed an issue with the Buchon Marcus Jensen causing him to have the wrong animation in certain cases.
• Fixed an issue where completing all Main Game missions showed only 98% completion.
• Improved performance when using Nvidia Ansel with Nvidia driver 418.91.
• Fixed an issue in Ghost mode where weapons switch back to default between play sessions.
• Fixed an issue in Guerrilla mode where subtitles would only show for the host of a party in a co-op session.
Store + Items
• Fixed a visual issue with the ACU shirt clipping with female character costume parts.
• Fixed an issue where players would not receive their bonus XP from XP boosters.
• The Night Vision effect from Fast Panoramic NVGs, Fast Special NVGs, and High Cut Spec. NVGs no longer use the old Night Vision (Green) filter, instead of using the newer (yellow) filter.
• The AOR1 camo now uses more authentic colors/patterns.
• Fixed an issue where the Hiking backpack would clip with the Molle vest and Crossdraw vests.
• Fixed several issues present with the Gorka outfit.
• Fixed a customization issue with the Crossdraw vest clipping with female characters.
• Fixed a clipping issue with the Gunfighter Jacket and ACU shirt clipping with pants.
• Fixed an issue with the Mic Drop emote where the syringe was stuck in the character’s wrist.
• Fixed an issue with the Heavy Riot Control vest not showing the patches on its shoulder pads.
• Fixed an issue on some vests where the ammunition was following the player’s movements rather than the vest itself.
• Fixed an issue forbidding the player from buying Crates & Boosters in DLCs.
• Limited the number of simultaneous mines deployable by the Sapper’s drone to 3.
• Reduced the health of Sapper’s drones to bring it more in line with the drones used by Medic and Guerrilla classes.
• Fixed an issue in Ghost War allowing an exploit (known as Crouch-run) by using emotes and Pistol-specific abilities.
• Fixed several collision issues on several PvP maps.
• Improved the ping function in Ghost War where spamming the Ping input caused high ping conditions.