Using the force, we can tell you that there is a new Star Wars Battlefront 2 update on the way on May 8, 2019, for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Skip to the end to read through the full list of Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.31 update patch notes. If you want to learn a little bit more about the Giants Above Kachirho update, however, you can always take a look through the update highlights below.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.31 Update | What’s changed in the Giants Above Kachirho patch?
If you are expecting a large new Star Wars Battlefront 2 update with version 1.31, please curb your enthusiasm. The Battlefront 2 1.31 update is a relatively minor one. Primarily, the update will bring changes and fixes to Anakin Skywalker.
Anakin Skywalker Changes
EA and DICE have done some balance tweaking when it comes to Anakin Skywalker. The chosen one’s Heroic Might ability cooldown, for example, has been increased by four seconds. Anakin’s Tenacious Star Card’s health increase has been reduced by 50%, too.
The developers have also reduced Anakin’s strength. His lightsaber damage, for example, has been reduced from 140 to 130. The damage bonus you receive from Anakin’s Massive Strikes Star Card has also been taken down a peg. This has gone from 10-15-20-25 to 5-10-15-20. All told, it looks as though Anakin will prove to be a little less overpowered after the 1.31 update drops. Time will tell if these Anakin nerfs have been for the benefit of the overall game or not, though.
Other Hero Changes
It’s not just the sand-hater Anakin Skywalker that has been placed under the microscope in the Battlefront 2 1.31 update. Other Heroes have been altered, too.
Darth Maul, for example, will now be able to block while under Obi-Wan’s Restrictive Mind ability, something that was unable to achieve thanks to a bug before the update.
Read on for the full list of Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.31 update patch notes.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.31 Update Patch Notes
Below, you can read through the full list of Star Wars Battlefront 2 1.31 update patch notes, courtesy of EA:
- Balanced damage and cooldown values for Anakin’s abilities:
- Increased the recharge time of Heroic Might from 14 to 18 seconds
- Reduced the friendly damage charge-up speed of Retribution from 2% per 100 damage to 1,33% per 100 damage
- Reduced the Health Increased stats of the TENACIOUS Star Card from 50-100-150-200 to 25-50-75-100
- Reduced Anakin’s lightsaber damage from 140 to 130 points
- Reduced Anakin’s MASSIVE STRIKES Star Card bonus damage from 10-15-20-25 to 5-10-15-20
- Delayed the effect of Retribution by 5 frames
- Fixed an issue where damage from sources other than enemy players caused Anakin’s Retribution ability to charge up.
- Anakin’s Retribution ability now has a maximum value increase per damage event.
- Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s Expose Weakness had no cooldown period when activated while dashing.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Darth Maul from blocking, when under Obi-Wan’s Restrictive Mind Trick ability.
- Fixed an issue where Bossk could defeat other heroes in one shot, if the player zoomed out right before Bossk’s weapon was fully charged.