The new Days Gone 1.08 update patch notes have now been shared by developer Bend Studios. Improvements include fixes to progression issues and more general problems. The new update today is now available to download and install on PS4. If the download doesn’t automatically trigger, highlight the game and push “Triangle.” Then hit “Check for update” to force the latest patch to be installed.
Days Gone 1.08 Update Patch Notes Highlights
If you’ve been playing Days Gone since its April 26 launch, you’ll know that developer Bend Studio has been pretty consistent with regular updates. That is, until this latest patch. Players have been waiting for over two weeks for the 1.08 update, and now it’s finally been released.
The main highlights of the Days Gone 1.08 update patch notes are the improvements to progression.
Several issues have been fixed, including the problem that made players unable to complete the “Afraid of a Little Competition” mission, due to a cinematic that just wouldn’t play. To trigger the cinematic after the 1.08 has been installed, players may need to move back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant is located, before then returning to the mission objective marker. The cinematic should then trigger.
The “Searching for Lisa” mission has also been fixed. Players who had the mission appearing as incomplete, despite having made the necessary progress, will now see the “Mission Complete” screen once update 1.08 has been installed.
“I’ve Had Better Days” has also received some love with the 1.08 update, with players now able to save, fast travel, and pause after triggering the cutscene.
Another highlight of the new Days Gone 1.08 update patch notes is the improvement to performance. Specifically, improvements have been made to “streaming and performance.”
Days Gone 1.08 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to “I’ve Had Better Days”
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing ”Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen
- Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
- Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
- Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
- With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
- The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
- Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
- Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes