A brand-new Gran Turismo Sport update is available to download and install from June 27. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the full list of Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 update patch notes. Alternatively, you can stick with us to have a read through the 1.40 update highlights, if you like a little more detail to your patch notes. It’s an exciting update, with new cars and a new track included. Read all about the Gran Turismo Sport version 1.40 update below.
Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update
As stated above, there is plenty of free new content included in the Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 patch. Thanks to the PlayStation Blog, we know that five new cars and a new track are being added to the racing sim. You’ll find details about all the new free content below.
Gran Turismo Sport fans are being treated to not one, not two, but five new cars. The five new cars are as follows:
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ’69
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
- Renault Sport Clio V6 24V ‘00
- Toyota Sports 800 ‘65
- Toyota Tundra TRD Pro ‘19
The Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition is a fan project car that has been designed by Red Bull and Gran Turismo. It’s got a three-liter naturally aspirated engine, an “attractive” racing sound, and seemingly great aerodynamics. A brand-new endurance series has also been added to “support the release of the Red Bull X2019.” You can see an image of the X2019 above, courtesy of Polyphony Digital.
Alongside the five new cars, a brand-new track is being added as part of the 1.40 update. The Sardegna Road Track. Sardegna is an Italian resort island encased in beautiful landscapes and views. The road track makes use of closed sections of public roads. You’ll find racing on this track is high-speed and technical, with long straights and tight corners. You can see an image of the new track below and have a read through the patch notes.
Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Patch Notes
The full Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 udpate patch notes can be read below, courtesy of Polyphony Digital:
Main Features Implemented
– The following five cars have been added:
・Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ’69
・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 Competition
・Renault Sport Clio V6 24V ’00
・Toyota Sports 800 ’65
・Toyota Tundra TRD Pro ’19
– The “Sardegna – Road Track” track is now available in six different layouts:
・Sardegna – Road Track – A
・Sardegna – Road Track – A II
・Sardegna – Road Track – B
・Sardegna – Road Track – B II
・Sardegna – Road Track – C
・Sardegna – Road Track – C II
3. Campaign Mode
– The following events have been are now part of “GT League:”
・Endurance League, X2019 Competition Endurance Series
・Lightweight K Cup: Rounds 4 and 5
・Gr. B Rallycross: Rounds 4 and 5
・Group 1 Cup: Rounds 6 and 7
– “Goodwood Motor Circuit” has been added to the Circuit Experience.
– “Low-Angle – Ground Up” has been added to the special featured section.
5. Sport Mode
– You can now watch replays of the Top 10 Stars on the leader boards and load them as Ghost Cars for your “Qualifying Time Trial” (Daily Races) and “Free Practice” (Online Championships). Please note that during matchmaking, it will not be possible to watch replays or load Ghost Cars.
6. Physics Simulation Model
– The transmission systems for the following cars have been adjusted:
・Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07 (*1) (*2)
・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari ’02 (*1) (*2)
・Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 ’11 (*1) (*2)
・Maserati Granturismo S ’08 (*1)
・Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’09 (*2)
(*1) An explanation has been added for the default “Semi-Automatic Transmission.”
(*2) It is no longer possible to use the full “Manual Transmission” mode when using an H-pattern shifter and clutch pedal controller.
– The simulation of gear changes on cars with manual transmissions has been updated:
・The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced.
・When quickly changing gears in full “Manual Transmission” mode, mis-shifts will occur less frequently.
– It is now more difficult to accelerate in “N” gear if certain inputs are entered.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– The penalty judgment algorithm related to shortcuts has been updated.
– Addressed the issue during rolling starts, where certain cars would drive onto the curb and perform a wheelie.
– Addressed the issue on the Fanatec® Wheel Base, where the analog sticks (on compatible wheel rims only) would not function if the Wheel Base was not updated to the latest firmware.
– Various other issues have been addressed.