Hearthstone update 15 is now live for all players of Blizzard Entertainment’s popular card game. The new update is ushering in Saviors of Uldum, the game’s upcoming expansion, as well as a few improvements that will refine your Hearthstone experience. You can skip to the bottom of the page to see every improvement and bug fix that has been implemented. Below you will find a few highlights from Hearthstone update 15, including the new Saviors of Uldum expansion, card changes, arena rotation, and new card backs.
Hearthstone Update 15 Highlights| Saviors of Uldum
New card type and keyword
Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum is set to launch on August 6, bringing 135 brand new cards to the table, some of which containing a new keyword that will potentially mix up the meta. That keyword is “Reborn,” which brings a fallen minion back to life when it is first destroyed. The caveat is it will respawn with only 1 health.
Saviors of Uldum will also introduce a new type of spell known as “Plagues.” With five in total to correspond to one of the five League of E.V.I.L. classes (Priest, Shaman, Warrior, Warlock, and Rogue), these cards affect both yourself and your opponent, typically in negative ways. That is unless your deck is created to use these plagues to your advantage.
New “Quest” cards will also be introduced in Saviors of Uldum. With a total of nine, one for each of Hearthstone‘s classes, when a Quest cards requirements are met, you will be granted with a potentially advantageous Hero Power. These cards only cost one mana to cast with the progress of that quest tracked next to your Hero portrait.
These are just a few cards included in Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum. If you want to see every single card making its way to the game, including the new Legendary League of Explorers cards, you can check the full list on Hearthstone‘s official website.
A new solo adventure
There will be a few in-game events that will celebrate the launch of Saviors of Uldum, as well as welcome the upcoming Solo Adventure. As we draw closer to the Savior of Uldum solo adventure’s release, a set of Tavern Brawls featuring Elise Starseeker and the League of Explorers will be available to play, as well as earn some rewards as you play.
While there is still not a lot of information on the upcoming solo adventure, we now know its name. “Tombs of Terror!” will pit you against the League of E.V.I.L. to stop their nefarious plans. A launch date for the solo adventure has yet to be announced, but we do know it will be playable sometime in September.
Pre-purchase options and Legendary Login Bonus
You can now pre-purchase Saviors of Uldum with two different bundles to choose from. The Saviors of Uldum Mega Bundle comes with a whopping 80 card packs for the new expansion, Elise Starseeker Druid Hero and card back, and a random Saviors of Uldum Golden Legendary card. Although that is a lot to unpack, it will set you back $79.99.
The standard Saviors of Uldum Bundle comes with 50 card packs, as well as the aforementioned card back and random Golden Legendary card. However, it will not come with the Druid hero. This costs a bit less than the Mega Bundle at $49.99.
If you are excited about the new expansion but don’t have the necessary funds to purchase, at the very least, 50 card packs at launch, the will be a Legendary Login bonus during the first 90 days of Savior of Uldum’s launch. You will earn a random Legendary Quest Card that will allow you to earn Savor of Uldum card packs for logging in.
Hearthstone Update 15 Highlights | Card changes
There are a few card changes being implemented in Hearthstone update 15. The Rogue quest reward Crystal Core and Dark Pharoah Tekahn will be receiving a change that addresses an inconsistency with how it is worded. Seen below, drawing these cards will make your minions (or in Dark Pharoah Tekahn case, Lackeys) 4/4 for the rest of the game.
Before the update, if your opponent silenced or stole the minion or lackey, it would not stay as a 4/4. The new update changes that. Now when these cards are played, the base copies of your minions/lackeys will read 4/4 in white rather than green indicating that it is a permanent change rather than a buff for the rest of the game. Additionally, minions who are on the field will override any enchantments or damage taken when one of these cards are played.
Due to this change, cards that can create a copy of a minion will work as it is written on the card. For example, the card Prince Taldaram’s text reads “Battlecry: If your deck has no 3-Cost cards, transform into a 3/3 copy of a minion.” If those requirements are met and the copy of the minion is spawned, it will be a 3/3, not a 4/4, even if you have a card like Crystal Core in play.
Hearthstone Update 15 Highlights | Arena rotation
With the new update, the active Arena sets will be altered to coincide with the Saviors of Uldum release. Here are the sets you can expect to see on August 6:
- Saviors of Uldum
- Rastakhan’s Rumble
- Journey to Un’Goro
- Kobolds & Catacombs
- League of Explorers
Hearthstone Update 15 Highlights | Card backs
There are three card backs being added to the game and can be earned through certain requirements. The Year of the Raven card back can be acquired after winning five games in ranked during the August 2019 season. The League of Explorers card back can be acquired by pre-purchasing a Saviors of Uldum solo adventure bundle. Lastly, the Sea of Dunes card back is earned by winning five ranked games during the September 2019 season.
Hearthstone Update 15 | Gameplay improvements and bug fixes
- Streaming Improvements:
- In order to improve the experience for players who are playing Hearthstone while streaming additional data, spell sounds have been moved into the initial download.
- The border for Quest icons above your Hero portrait has been updated to better match the quest’s Legendary rarity.
- The appearance of low-resolution art has been improved. This should be most noticeable on mobile clients.
- Onyx Bishop will now summon Minions directly to the right of the card, instead of the far right of the board.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause freezes and disconnects after Psychic Scream was played.
- Fixed an issue with weapon destruction animations when a card’s power creates a new weapon on top of an existing weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the animation for Plot Twist would show the front of a card if it was revealed, such as Aranasi Broodmother.
- Fixed an issue causing Aranasi Broodmother to reveal itself after it was transformed into another card.
- Fixed an issue causing Brann Bronzebeard to float off the board if Queen Carnassa was quickly played after Brann.
- Twinspell cards should now be more responsive when playing multiple cards from hand quickly. Also fixed a number of issues where Twinspell visual effects would remain on screen.
- Flobbidinous Floop’s mana cost is now properly effected by Aviana’s cost reduction effect.
- Unexpected Results should no longer display an incorrect bonus from Prophet Velen.
- Fixed a rare issue causing some desktop clients to crash when playing in the Chinese locale.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the client to freeze if you completed a friendly challenge, deleted your friend, re-added them, then challenged them again.
- Fixed a number of issues with the new Seamless Reconnect feature.
- Fixed a visual issue where the no results popup would show at the same time as Card Backs if you searched for missing on the Card Back screen.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Legendary Quests from the Knights of the Frozen Throne from being rerolled.
- Fixed some visual issues in the Fireside Gathering menu.
- Fixed some inconsistencies when selecting and moving missing cards from a decklist.
- Fixed bug where smoke and spark effects were slightly misaligned when deleting a deck list.
- Fixed issue where Zayle, Shadow Cloak and Whizbang the Wonderful would not properly update the player’s deck header when being added to a deck.
- [Mobile] Fixed issue that could cause the scrollbar to get stuck on some tablet devices.
- [Mobile] Fixed issue where setting a Card Back as your favorite would fail to display it as a favorite on mobile devices.