The Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 update patch notes have now been officially published, allowing all curious users to learn what the new Switch update improves. Available to download and install right now, through the System Settings > System > System Update path, the new Switch patch brings some useful upgrades to the platform. Read on for a full breakdown of the main patch highlights, as well as the 9.0.0 full list of patch notes.
Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
Online Play Invites
Following the installation of the Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 update, users will notice a new “Online Play Invites” section on their user page. When a friend invites you to a (supported) game for multiplayer, you’ll now be able to view that invite, and others, in this dedicated section. This should help speed up the joining-a-friend process in games like Super Mario Maker 2 and the upcoming Overwatch for Switch.
Touchscreen Sensitivity options
If you’ve been struggling with the Nintendo Switch touchscreen, with accidental touches causing you frustration, you’ll be happy to learn that the new Switch update introduces an option which allows users to choose between “Standard” and “Stylus” sensitivity options. Presumably, the former option will tailor the touchscreen for both finger and stylus use, while the latter mode will only recognize a stylus.
Search function for News channel
If you make use of the Switch’s News channel, you may have been hoping for a better way of sorting through the various posts. Well, Switch update 9.0.0 is here with an attempt to solve that problem. Once the update has been installed, users will see a search feature in the News channel, which enables sorting through filters or free text.
Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 Update Patch Notes | Full list
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.