The Control 1.03 update patch notes have been shared by developer Remedy Entertainment. At the time of writing, the new Control update is rolling out to PS4 first, with PC and Xbox One players able to download and install it “very soon.” The September 10 update includes improvements and changes categorized in General, Performance, U.I., Progression, Sound, and Miscellaneous. Read on for our highlights and the full list of patch notes.
Control 1.03 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
Bug and crash fixes
Following the Control 1.03 update, players should experience fewer bugs and crashes in missions, combat, and overall gameplay. If you’re on PC, you’ll be happy to learn that multiple issues with the PC launcher, which were related to DX11 and DX12, have now been fixed.
With the Control 1.03 update, Remedy Entertainment has made an effort to add new adjustable settings in the Options menu. Players can turn Motion Blur and Film Grain on or off. What’s more, if you’re playing the PC version with an ultra-wide monitor, the U.I. should now work correctly.
A number of issues to do with progression have also been fixed with the Control 1.03 update. These include times when a player could not acquire “Pierce Charging Efficiency” and “Spin Grouping Efficiency” upgrades. There was also an issue that prevented players from activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade. Other issues affecting player progression in several missions have also been fixed.
Streamers should be happy with the “Mute Copyrighted Tracks” option, which now works with the Control 1.03 update. This should prevent livestreams and YouTube videos from being muted and/or claimed.
Audio should no longer be out of sync in the Dr. Darling videos on PS4.
Control 1.03 Update Patch Notes | Full list
– Bug and crash fixes to missions, combat and overall game play
– Fixed multiple issues with the PC launcher related to DX11/DX12 crashes
– Improved title stability on all platforms
– Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content
– Improved map loading times (map will no longer tease information)
– Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu
– Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu
– Fixed incorrect UI behaviour on ultra-wide monitors (PC)
– Fixed multiple issues when incorrect subtitles are shown for multiple languages
– Fixed issue when the game centers the aim on Jesse’s head
– Fixed multiple UI related issues
– Fixed an issue when player could not acquire ‘Pierce Charging Efficiency’ and ‘Spin Grouping Efficiency’ upgrade
– Fixed issue when Crafting Charge and personal Mods would not give the Weapon/Mod but take the materials (Sorry. The Board was greedy)
– Fixed issue that prevented players activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade
– Fixed issue when Jesse is unable to cleanse the ‘Transit Corridor South’ Control point upon returning from Prime Candidate Program area in the mission The Face of the Enemy
– Fixed an issue when Heptonstall would not spawn during certain story missions in the “Old Friends” side-mission (still looking for his buddy Remus)
– Fixed issue when Hiss Barrier remains in the Directorial Override mission’s Control Room if the player dies during the binding cut scene
– Fixed issue when certain licensed music tracks play after enabling the ‘Mute Copyrighted Tracks’ option
– Fixed and issue when audio is out of sync in the Dr Darling videos (PS4)
– Fixed issue with the Charge weapon forms erroneous blast radius causing (way) too much visual damage to the environments
– Fixed an issue where game would stall when completing a story mission and unlocking a trophy (PS4)