The Monster Hunter World 10.12 update patch notes (10.1.0.2 on Xbox One) have now been detailed by developer Capcom. In order to continue playing online multiplayer or to download new add-on content, players must update their game to the latest build. Happily, this update is small in size, with the PS4 file coming in at 70 MB, and the Xbox One update weighing in at 80 MB. (There isn’t yet a confirmed release time for the new PC update.) The new Monster Hunter World: Iceborne update is comprised entirely of bug fixes, adding another layer of polish to the game. Read on for the full details.
Monster Hunter World 10.12 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
Though the Monster Hunter World 10.12 update is only small, it still packs in a lot of bug fixes to help make the game a smoother experience for players.
Guardian armor selection bug fix
If you’ve been trying and failing to select the Guardian armor during character creation, you’ll be happy to hear that the issue has been fully ironed out. If you start a new character, you should now have no problem with picking Guardian armor.
Song repetition fix
Prior to the new 10.12 update, players may have been getting a little frustrated by the songs playing on repeat at the base. Capcom has now rolled out a fix to change this.
Great Sword fixes
Wielders of the Great Sword will be pleased to hear that the moments where the charges would not trigger charged slashes are no longer an issue. This problem only occurred when the player landed on top of the ice ground created by Velkhana or mud created by Jyuratodus, but it was no doubt still frustrating to experience.
Monster Hunter World 10.12 Update Patch Notes | Full list
- Fixed a bug that would not allow you to select the Guardian armor during character creation.
- Changed the design of how certain songs would play on repeat while at base.
- Fixed a bug where players were getting the same decoration results when using the Elder Melder’s First Wyverian Ritual.
- Fixed a bug at the quest counter where the optional quest “Completed!” marker color would change from red back to blue after save data is imported into Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
- Fixed a bug where the “Language” section of the squad card editing screen would not display correctly after importing save data from Monster Hunter: World.
- Fixed a bug where the “Low Level Hunter Helper Reward” could be obtained even after failed quests.
- Fixed a bug where players could not properly obtain the “Glavenus Mantle” material from Acidic Glavenus.
- Fixed a bug where players’ attacks would not properly remove Velkhana’s icecloak if it was put into paralysis while its icecloak active.
- Fixed a bug where the custom radial menu could be closed at the item box but would remain on the screen and disable normal controls.
- Fixed a bug where the Handler would keep moving in certain places in the Ancient Forest.
- Fixed a bug where great sword charges would not trigger charged slashes if the player landed on top of the ice ground created by Velkhana or mud created by Jyuratodus.
- Fixed a bug where the contents of expeditions were unintentionally updating after each use of “Change Objects in Area” in the training area.
In addition to this change, we are also exploring further changes to address the issue of intentional disconnects for resetting the Guiding Lands. While this should not affect players who enjoy the game normally, we’d like to ask for your patience as we look into implementing options that remove the need to attempt intentional disconnects.
- Fixed other minor bugs.