The Link’s Awakening Bird Key location is something you’ll need to know if you want to progress through the game. Getting this key grants you access to Eagle’s Tower, otherwise you can’t unlock it and carry on your adventure on Koholint Island. If you’re unsure about where to find the Bird Key, we’re here to give you a helping hand. Our Link’s Awakening Bird Key location guide outlines a step-by-step procedure for where to find it. Read on below for a definitive guide on where to locate the key and what you’ll need for each step. It’s a long process, so make sure you have everything you need before proceeding.
Where is the Link’s Awakening Bird Key location?
Right, let’s swoop right into this Link’s Awakening Bird Key location guide. The process can be a long one if you aren’t sure about where you need to go, what items you have to have, and other bits and pieces. Luckily, though, we’ve compiled a handy list that gives you a step-by-step guide on getting to the Bird Key.
You might have already completed a couple of these steps. If you have, simply scroll down until you come up to the point where you’re stuck. We’ve gone into as much detail as we can so, hopefully, it’ll make sense as you progress through our list.
Link’s Awakening Bird Key Location | Step-by-step guide
Make sure you have your Ocarina, 300 rupees, the Power Bracelet, Manbo’s Mambo Warp Song, and Flippers before you begin your search for the Link’s Awakening Bird Key location.
- First things first, you’ll have to get the Frog’s Song of Soul. You need to play this on your Ocarina to get the key, so make this your first side-quest. Head to the Catfish’s Maw dungeon to get the Hookshot. Kudos if you already have it.
- Head to Ukuku Prairie and use the Hookshot to sling yourself across the gap to reach Signpost Maze. Progress through this puzzle by reading each sign as you go. Follow them to the letter, otherwise, you’ll get lost and have to backtrack.
- Once you come across a staircase that leads underground, head inside and meet Mamu. He’ll teach you the Frog’s Song of Soul, but wants 300 rupees. Pay him.
- Learn the song and then make your way to Mabe Village. Visit the weather vane and push it to one side. Head into the area below and play the song next to the dead rooster’s skull. You’ll resurrect the rooster and he’ll now follow you wherever you go.
- Warp or walk to Dante’s shack, which is North of your current location. Look for a path that’s blocked by a couple of boulders. Remove these with the strength you gain from the Power Bracelet.
- Head onward and eventually cross two ladders. Choose the second one and ascend. Remove the boulders in your way after you exit the ladder. You’re now next to the Tal Tal Mountain Range, which isn’t far from where the Bird Key is found.
- Go through the tunnel inside the mountains and head up the mountain. Be on the lookout for a stream once you exit the cave. Head right from here and swim across the water using the flippers you’ve acquired. You’ll come across another ladder. Head up this, and go inside the first cave you come across.
- From the first cave area that’s full of boulders, head North through the exit. Move the rocks in your way by pushing them, then Hookshot across the gap and head into the next room.
- There will be a gigantic gap you can’t cross. Approach the rooster and he’ll let you grab his foot. Fly across the gap to the platform. The Bird Key should be here. Pick it up and you’re ready to unlock Eagle’s Tower.