The Dead or Alive 6 1.14 update is now live on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The latest chapter in the long-running fighting video game franchise, DoA6 just received this patch to fix a few issues and add a host of summer costumes for the female fighters. That is one of the defining features of Dead or Alive 6, making it stand apart from other contenders in the genre such as the Street Fighter or Tekken series.
Dead or Alive 6 1.14 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
The new update adds several Hot Summer Costumes to the game, as Koei Tecmo officially dubs them. There are 16 new costumes covering all the currently available female fighters, making sure that no one is left out of the equation. A trip to the in-game shop is in order for players who want to purchase a breezy outfit for cosmetic purposes only. According to some user comments in the update trailer, these costumes are making a comeback from Dead or Alive 5, something that isn’t pleasing everyone.
Some users are even saying that Dead or Alive 6 isn’t expected to be Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation, Koei Tecmo’s spin-off of the series that dispenses with the fighting aspect altogether, asking you to spoil the girls with gifts and revealing costumes, as they play volleyball in a paradisiacal island.
There was one bothersome issue where the K.O. animation failed to show up on the Lost Paradise stage, but this only happened after triggering the pterodactyl danger. Kasumi also saw her defeat voice-over adjusted, something that many players probably didn’t even consider in need of a fix.
The rest of the Dead or Alive 6 1.14 update is mostly about fixing some niggling issues, such as translation errors or notices failing to properly display.
Dead or Alive 6 1.14 Update | Full Patch Notes
- Added new costumes: [Revival] Hot Summer Costumes (16 costumes)
- Adjusted the K.O.(defeat) voice-over for the following characters: Kasumi, Phase 4
- Fixed the issue on the LOST PARADISE stage, where K.O. animation sometimes wasn’t shown when K.O. was achieved right after triggering the PTERODACTYL DANGER.
- [Limited to Ver.1.14] Added the “DEAD OR ALIVE 6 World Championship” notice to be displayed on the “Tips” section of the loading screen at 50% probability.
Note: The notice text features a translation error, in which the duration of the DEAD OR ALIVE 6 World Championship is mistakenly stated as “more than a year”, instead of “more than six months”.
- Added product description to be displayed when purchasing Premium Tickets in WARDROBE.
- Added product prices to be shown when selecting items or Premium Ticket bundles for purchase in WARDROBE.