Ubisoft has released the new The Division 2 1.14 update today, taking the servers down for a three-hour maintenance that is now over. The patch was successfully deployed on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, providing agents with fixes for some relevant issues and crashes. The online action RPG developed by Massive Entertainment and released in March 2019 is a worthy successor to the first game, which launched during 2016. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t have its issues, so let’s see what the latest patch addresses.
The Division 2 1.14 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
Ubisoft’s four-player co-op third-person shooter is known for its tight gunplay and consistent loot drops, and is praised for having an endgame that is generally regarded as robust and satisfying. Considering that this is an area where many looter-shooters tend to fall on their faces at launch, this is no mean feat.
Concerning The Division 2 1.14 update, there are a few issues in need of fixing, but these aren’t going to require a large chunk of hard drive space. One funny bug happens when character’s faces suddenly become distorted right after a cutscene, but this kink was ironed out and so the comedic value is lost; it’s probably for the best, though.
There were other pressing issues that the patch thankfully addresses, such as random crashes while engaging enemy NPCs at Lincoln Memorial. If you purchased the Year 1 Pass but couldn’t activate the Technician specialization, this should be a thing of the past as well. A bug preventing players to share Gear Mods was fixed, and it’s worth mentioning that an issue where flares were clipping with agents’ bodies after an emote animation is now gone for good.
If you haven’t played The Division 2 but you’re curious to see if it’s worth a purchase, Ubisoft regularly opens up the game for everyone via free weekends. The latest one started on October 17 and offered players a total of four days to try the game. It’s definitely worth a shot, so it’s recommended that you stay on the lookout for further announcements.
The Division 2 1.14 Update | Full Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused flares to be stuck and clip with agents’ bodies after the Signal Flare emote animation was interrupted.
- Fixed an issue where the “Dark Zone perks available at Base of Operations” notification would display despite having no new perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused character’s faces to become distorted after cut scenes.
- Fixed an issue where the social menu did not function when accessed in a downed state in a pre-made group.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to share Gear Mods.
- Fixed an issue where the players that purchased Year 1 Pass were unable to activate the Technician specialization on any world tier.
- Fixed an issue where the donation tabs from any projects that require gear items did not show the correct equipment.
- Fixed an issue that would cause crashes when engaging enemy NPCs in coop challenging difficulty at Lincoln Memorial.