Agent 47 gets around, and keeping on top of his activities is easily a full-time activity for Hitman 2 players. Thankfully, the crew at IO Interactive provides frequent updates that shake up various elements of the game, with the latest changes being spelled out in the Hitman 2 update version 2.72.0 patch notes. Read on to learn about the newest bug fixes and changes.
Hitman 2 | Update 2.72.0 patch notes
The latest Hitman 2 update has arrived just today, November 19, following the release of the November Roadmap on November 6. This is a relatively small update, with the download weighing in around 1GB for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
According to the patch notes featured below, most of the changes surround bug fixes. The Remote Emetic Gas Device was the subject of two different fixes, as were several instances of bad grammar reported by the community.
Here’s the full list of Hitman 2 update version 2.72.0 patch notes as provided by IO Interactive:
- Emetic Throw
- We’ve fixed an issue where the game could crash when detonating the Remote Emetic Gas Device whilst it was inside a briefcase, and then attempting to throw the briefcase at someone.
- Metal Works
- We have fixed an issue in Mumbai where Agent 47 would be prevented from entering the roof when dressed as a metal worker, even though he would not be considered trespassing when using a different route to the roof.
- Detonation Localisation
- We’ve fixed a community–reported issue where the detonator for the Remote Emetic Gas Device was not localised in some languages.
- Mumbai Beach
- We’ve fixed a community-reported issue where items in the Beach Stash in Mumbai were misaligned to the interaction prompt.
- Usypiacz Tranquillante
- We’ve fixed a community-reported issue where the Kalmer-1 pistol was using an incorrect name and description in Polish and Italian.
- Time to Get Down
- We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘Vertigo’ challenge from the Thriller Night Challenge Pack would not unlock in Contracts Mode, despite the conditions being met.
- Grammar Pirates
- We’ve fixed a community-reported issue where the pirate map parts in Haven Island were described using incorrect grammar.
- Russian Haven
- We’ve made a change to the localised name of “Haven Island” for players using the Russian language, based on community feedback and input from our Russian localisation experts.
- Plumber’s Problems (Legacy)
- We’ve fixed an issue where the ‘Tightening the Screws’ challenge from the Plumber’s Apprentice Challenge Pack would pop-up in-game as completed, despite the conditions not actually being met and the challenge remaining locked.
- Patient Zero (Legacy)
- We’ve fixed an issue where players on Xbox One would disconnect from the game’s server after successfully completing the Patient Zero mission in the HITMAN 1 GOTY campaign.
- AMD FidelityFX
- We have added support for AMD’s FidelityFX Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening. This algorithm recovers high frequency features lost during temporal anti-aliasing to provide a rich, detailed image. All players can take advantage of this support, regardless of their choice of graphics card. This can be toggled between Off, Weak, Moderate or Strong in the ‘Graphics’ Menu.
- DX12 CPU Usage
- We have reduced CPU usage, which can improve framerates in certain CPU bound situations. In addition, GPU memory usage has been significantly reduced on NVIDIA cards.
- DX12 Shader Cache
- We have made some changes that will reduce the time it takes to launch the game on DX12, especially the first time after upgrading a graphics driver, downloading a game update or a completely fresh launch.